Baseball - anyone? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

Baseball - anyone?

Am I alone in having practically 0 interest in Phillies baseball this coming season?

Maybe it's the blanket of frozen snow outside or the reminder of last seasons disappointments, but for the first time in memory I can not get myself even remotely excited for baseball.

I can only think of one player's name (Tommy Joseph) on the team.

I know more about NASCAR than baseball.

Good night Chesty, wherever you are......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 09:17 AM
Banned

One thing is for certain, no matter what the Phillies management will tell you, they aren't going anywhere and therein lies the lack of interest. I think their attendance was down about a million last year. I'm hoping, within the next few years, they get better.

I will still watch on TV because it wouldn't be summer without baseball, at least not for me anyway.

Last edited by dc 21; 03-17-2017 at 10:15 AM.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 09:45 AM

No matter how bad the phillies maybe this year it still beats hockey and basketball!
So after the NCAA wrestling is over this weekend bring on the baseball.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 07:38 PM
The Man

The Phils arent impressing me this spring, hopefully they pick it up going into the regular season. The future looks promising, but for some reason, management get stuck on the current players, and the up and coming players could end up being traded instead of moving out the veteran players.

Plenty of scouting and good habitat makes for a great hunt.

Jeff
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 08:02 PM

I enjoy going to a Phillies game or two a season and will watch it on TV if someone puts it on but there is no way I will listen to a game on radio.
I guess the season being so long and the Phillies not being consistently good enough I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything if I don't see them for weeks on end.
Now collage and pro football that I can't wait for those seasons to roll around.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 07:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birch812 View Post
I enjoy going to a Phillies game or two a season and will watch it on TV if someone puts it on but there is no way I will listen to a game on radio.
I guess the season being so long and the Phillies not being consistently good enough I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything if I don't see them for weeks on end.
Now collage and pro football that I can't wait for those seasons to roll around.
Know what there Birch, I am just the opposite because last year I could listen to the radio broadcast because it allowed me to do something else at the same time. Could not sit log enough to watch a full game.
But there is one announcer (can't recall his name) whose droning voice just puts me to sleep. When he takes the mic I go mow the lawn or wash the car or something.

Good night Chesty, wherever you are......
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 09:16 AM
Banned

I like listening to the Phillies when I'm driving. Heading home from work, before I retired, listening to Phils/Cubs Day games on the radio and Friday night drives to the Jersey shore with Harry and Whitey. These days it's Larry Anderson and Scott Franzke, both are good but don't compare to Harry and Whitey. I think they spoiled me.

Btw, I'd rather have the radio guys on TV. I'm not crazy about McCarthy, the guy still doesn't know when a ball is "outta here." Ben Davis isn't bad in his role. I like to hear Mike Schmidt talk about hitting but his commentary is lacking. He was a pretty good hitter, maybe they should make him the hitting coach.

I think John Kruk is gonna be in the TV booth this season.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 10:16 AM
Banned

Pirates
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill11 View Post
Pirates
All filliez fans are invited. You'll probably get just enough winning to pull you in, so the collapse in sept is actually disappointing. And the race for the 2nd wild card will give you just enough hope ........
Wainzoid likes this.

Pence/Putin 2024
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 01:39 AM

There are pirate fans { SUCKERS } born every day.

Let the hammer down easy...don't jar it.
Henned Talker Pro Staff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page