What should Shero do? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

What should Shero do?

Well, we know Malkin is dome for the year. Now it looks like Sid isn't gonna be back anytime soon. Should Shero try and trade for someone? I honestly feel there is no reason to give up any of the current players to stock up for a playoff run that, without Sid and Geno, will certainly be futile. I think they could muddle along much as they are and probably still make the playoffs. Go one round, maybe two then get ready for next year. It's tough for me to say that because I got tickets for a game in March, but it doesn't make sense to morgage the future for a playoff run this year.

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 01:38 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: What should Shero do?

Sid said today that he plans on playing again this year. If that is the case, Shero needs to go out and get a couple people to help Sid in the playoffs. I don't care if Sid sits out until the playoffs. If the Pens get in and Sid can play they have just as much of a chance as the next team. If you add a couple goal scorers that chance becomes alot better. If Sid were going to be out the rest of the year including playoffs I'd say don't do anything. I just don't see that happening.

Where have you been?
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 12:14 PM

I'll agree!

Shero should be shopping for two GOOD scoring wingers to finish off the season/playoffs. Sid will be back I think....and prior to the post season. Geno's money comes off the cap since he's out for the season so he can use that money to get a couple good wingers and I'm sure that's what he's going to do. Problem is there isn't exactly a whole lot of them out there to court.

You really under estimated the ramifications of the boondoggle you have just perpetrated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonN
I'll agree!

Shero should be shopping for two GOOD scoring wingers to finish off the season/playoffs. Sid will be back I think....and prior to the post season. Geno's money comes off the cap since he's out for the season so he can use that money to get a couple good wingers and I'm sure that's what he's going to do. Problem is there isn't exactly a whole lot of them out there to court.
Exactly...get a couple rentals for the rest of the season. I dont think I'd be willing to give up too much. I could see either Rupp or Godard leaving, assuming anyone wants them.

Why do they call it common sense when it is so rare.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 03:51 PM

They don't have to get rid of Goddard or Rupp. That's the unfortunate beauty of it. We need enforcers in the playoffs. Goddard can probably go since he has virtually no talent otherwise. Rupp can stay to enforce and he actually has some talent. Don't want Engelland out there enforcing with only 6 D-men in the lineup.

You really under estimated the ramifications of the boondoggle you have just perpetrated!
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 04:01 PM

Godard's talent lies in the skilled players playing better when he's in the lineup. Guys like Carcillo tend to behave themselves better when they have to answer to Godard. Rupp can enforce in a pinch, but Godard is way better at it. How many players like Kennedy, Letestu, Jefferey, Dupuis do we really need to have? That's where I'd focus my attention. Or trade Gogo for a good winger.

We’re not going to apologize for caring. We’re not.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 05:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
They don't have to get rid of Goddard or Rupp. That's the unfortunate beauty of it. We need enforcers in the playoffs. Goddard can probably go since he has virtually no talent otherwise. Rupp can stay to enforce and he actually has some talent. Don't want Engelland out there enforcing with only 6 D-men in the lineup.
We dont need enforcers in the playoffs. Goddard wont suit up for a single playoff game.

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danesdad
Quote:
We dont need enforcers in the playoffs. Goddard wont suit up for a single playoff game.
I bet he does. Depends on the team and what kind of crap they're dishing out though. Rupp is better in that role in the playoffs simply because he can actually score goals.

Sometimes you need it in the playoffs to keep the other team honest and off your stars....not nearly as often though.

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 06:29 PM

Though true, IF Sid comes back, Godard had better be on the team, preferably on Sid's line. The nice thing about Sid is that he makes everyone around him better, just like Mario. Tocchet was a goon first, player second when he came here too. Mario made him a goal scorer. Sid can do it with Godard. Even try him on the PP. What's the worst that can happen? He makes the PP bad? It's already bad.

We’re not going to apologize for caring. We’re not.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 06:37 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I'll say this because I think its a hard point to like but also a hard point to argue. Last two seasons, Geno has not impressed me whatsoever. He is too injury prone, I think, to be worth a new contract. I say dump him now and get someone who is consistent, maybe even two guys. I also like the idea of trading Gogo for a winger.

Never underestimate pride; it can be a Man's greatest strength or his worst enemy

Never Forget.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page