Happy Super Bowl - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Happy Super Bowl

5a.m.-February 6, 2011
This feeling in my stomach is the equivalent to Christmas Eve Morning only you have to wait till the end of the 4th quarter for Santa (Lombardi Trophy) to arrive. As I sit here unable to sleep on this Super bowl morning, I wonder if Ben will have enough warning to duck one more blitz. My mind races everywhere, Can number 7 and the o line hang on again. Wasn’t it just two yrs ago that my worries were the same…o line was beat up and Ben was still being remembered for S. B. XL when his performance was lame. Will the defense win it for us again….can Polamalu forget his injury and play like the MVP he was named this year?
I sit and reflect and realize I should stop worrying be thankful to the Rooney’s and the players for bringing me back to this common place in my mind that I love so much and know so well. It is the excitement of Steeler football and the anticipation of another Super Bowl ring. We all get caught up in life in which our minds travel in many directions, sometimes so much hustle we are unable to enjoy even the simplest of things. Whatever the challenge we have….getting ready for Steeler Football, especially playoff football, and most definitely Super Bowl Football….puts us back to a sense of “normalcy.”
For those 4 quarters…all other problems in our lives are usually forgotten. Everything else outside of football is put on hold. We are able to live the same excitement and pride that my dad felt over 30 yrs ago when the trophy collection started. Steeler football, as it will occur today brings together the nation as nothing else can. Friends and family around this country will gather in their black and gold to cheer, eat, scream, hug and eat some more, hug, scream some more, and hopefully in the end, cry with tears of joy and pride that “WE” won our seventh super bowl….and It does belong to all of the Steeler nation (we) and with great reason. There were many men and women who did not wash their Steeler game jersey the past several weeks in order to preserve this win. Along with this and many other superstitions we are all to be congratulated for preserving those traditions, all in order to make sure our team had the best chance possible to win.
Today is a feeling that I can’t describe other than to know that you also have that same feeling. We the fans have been on this incredible ride for several years. My only hope is that my children one day experience this same feeling that I have on Super Bowl Morning because in my opinion it is 1000x better than any Christmas Eve morning ever was…….although I’ll wait to share that opinion with my 2 and 6 yr old. Let me be the first to say Happy Super Bowl! It is going to be great day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Re: Happy Super Bowl

Don't get that excited anymore. Just like Christmas, the Super Bowl has become to commercialized.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 02:52 PM
The Man

same here but I can feel the excitement for friends who are Pitt fans. hope they win for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_BUCKS
Don't get that excited anymore. Just like Christmas, the Super Bowl has become to commercialized.

Your spot I NEVER go back
My spot I expect the same
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 08:04 PM
The Man

While winning the game today will be an awesome event! But then, its just a game. Win or lose today, Ill bleed black and gold for life! No use getting yourself in a tizzy thinking and how the game will fall out!

John-LifeNRA http://www.NRA.org
YOU NEVER KNOW! Words from my Father!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 10:00 PM

Rocco, you may be taking this a bit too seriously, I mean yeah, it is the superbowl and it's like christmas but come on! It's not like it's the first day of deer season!

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 10:05 PM
RB
Sage

Hey they just cancelled the Super Bowl GAME, Green Bay Won...Arron Rdogers just showed up on the field so they decided why EVEN play???

HERE WE GO !!!!!!!!

"Only takes a second to change your season" Dad, 1980
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 10:13 PM

Isn't it funny how NFL Network and ESPN didn't give 2 craps about Rodgers until their golden boys all went one and done, yet still won't admit Ben is an elite QB?

We’re not going to apologize for caring. We’re not.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 10:18 PM
RB
Sage

it is alright 58...we play best that way!!!

If we win and it ticks off 49.5 States in this country, I cheer all the louder and wear the colors all the prouder!!!

"Only takes a second to change your season" Dad, 1980
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 10:26 PM

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>Sam Elliot rules!!</span>

We’re not going to apologize for caring. We’re not.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 10:49 PM

He as a bad a$$.

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page