Happy Super Bowl - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Happy Super Bowl

5a.m.-February 6, 2011
This feeling in my stomach is the equivalent to Christmas Eve Morning only you have to wait till the end of the 4th quarter for Santa (Lombardi Trophy) to arrive. As I sit here unable to sleep on this Super bowl morning, I wonder if Ben will have enough warning to duck one more blitz. My mind races everywhere, Can number 7 and the o line hang on again. Wasn’t it just two yrs ago that my worries were the same…o line was beat up and Ben was still being remembered for S. B. XL when his performance was lame. Will the defense win it for us again….can Polamalu forget his injury and play like the MVP he was named this year?
I sit and reflect and realize I should stop worrying be thankful to the Rooney’s and the players for bringing me back to this common place in my mind that I love so much and know so well. It is the excitement of Steeler football and the anticipation of another Super Bowl ring. We all get caught up in life in which our minds travel in many directions, sometimes so much hustle we are unable to enjoy even the simplest of things. Whatever the challenge we have….getting ready for Steeler Football, especially playoff football, and most definitely Super Bowl Football….puts us back to a sense of “normalcy.”
For those 4 quarters…all other problems in our lives are usually forgotten. Everything else outside of football is put on hold. We are able to live the same excitement and pride that my dad felt over 30 yrs ago when the trophy collection started. Steeler football, as it will occur today brings together the nation as nothing else can. Friends and family around this country will gather in their black and gold to cheer, eat, scream, hug and eat some more, hug, scream some more, and hopefully in the end, cry with tears of joy and pride that “WE” won our seventh super bowl….and It does belong to all of the Steeler nation (we) and with great reason. There were many men and women who did not wash their Steeler game jersey the past several weeks in order to preserve this win. Along with this and many other superstitions we are all to be congratulated for preserving those traditions, all in order to make sure our team had the best chance possible to win.
Today is a feeling that I can’t describe other than to know that you also have that same feeling. We the fans have been on this incredible ride for several years. My only hope is that my children one day experience this same feeling that I have on Super Bowl Morning because in my opinion it is 1000x better than any Christmas Eve morning ever was…….although I’ll wait to share that opinion with my 2 and 6 yr old. Let me be the first to say Happy Super Bowl! It is going to be great day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 01:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to adudeuknow
Re: Happy Super Bowl

hopefully, it stays great into tomorrow!

Kids!!! Get your camo on. We are going to Cabelas!!

post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 01:20 PM
The Man

HERE WE GO STEELERS...HERE WE GO!!!!

USAF 1984-88

Families that hunt together stay together!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 02:12 PM
The Man

Well, I mixed up the hamburger and made it into patties last night. I made the salsa dip this morning. The fridge is packed with various beverages. The cocktail weenies are going into barbeque sauce and the crockpot right after lunch. Heck, I even went as far as to buy a Terrible Towel yesterday.

Couse, the towel is only to clean up the mess after <span style='font-size: 17pt'>THE PACKERS SPANK THE STEELERS!!!!!</span>

If you're having trouble hunting for deer,
don't wish things were easier;
wish you were smarter.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Frequent Contributor

Lets go STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Live To Hunt
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 03:20 PM

if the steelers win i want you all to know ahead of time that i am going to be incredibly on the edge, annoying, irritating and down right hated for a very long time on these boards. if you're not a steeler fan you will hate my guts after tonight should the steelers win. i am going to take jabs at every single person against the steelers. i am going to do it all within the rules of the forum too. you're going to hate me but there isnt going to be a thing any one of you can do! the end. go steelers.

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 03:23 PM
The Man

Do you think you'll get a penalty flag thrown at ya?

If the hay is layed..a yote will be slayed
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 03:47 PM

no, because i am going to have the forum rules open in a different window as im busy writing away. if something seems questionable i will refer to the rule page. i'm going to test the very limits of being an incredibly huge jerk without violating any rules.

some people already do this on a regular basis but we're gonna see if i can take it a step or two further.

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 04:11 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by adudeuknow
if you're not a steeler fan you will hate my guts after tonight should the steelers win. i am going to take jabs at every single person against the steelers. i am going to do it all within the rules of the forum too. you're going to hate me but there isnt going to be a thing any one of you can do! the end. go steelers.
That's OK Dude, I'm betting there's a few folks that already ain't that fond of ya. Take your best shot.
I'm also betting you go too far and disappear again for awhile. Kind of sad to take a game so seriously, but hey, you do what ya gotta do.

On the other hand, are you going to be fair, and be EXTRA NICE to folks if the Steelers lose?

If you're having trouble hunting for deer,
don't wish things were easier;
wish you were smarter.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 04:14 PM

no, i will just be bitter. lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page