post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 12:14 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

nhl team goon list rankings

wow???????
numbers 4 and 12????
missprint????

http://www.hockeyfights.com/leaders/teams/

vegetarian:
ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who cant hunt or fish.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 01:18 AM
The Man

Re: nhl team goon list rankings

Not suprised at all.... Flyers are playing smart tough hockey.

Live, Love, Laugh.

If that don't work...

Raise, Aim and Fire. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/uzi.gif[/img]
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 02:07 AM

Yep...The Flyers Slap Shot act has been put away for about a year now, ever since Laviolette took over. They are playing with discipline, instead of trying to intimidate other teams, which doesn't work against truly good teams.

As far as the Pens go, and the Flyers too, fighting majors are not the best indicator of thuggery. The fact is, a fight doesn't really have an on ice effect, since both players go off. There is a momentum thing that happens. Steckel's hit--goon work, same as the no talent thug that hit Crosby in the head from behind away from the play. And yes, I know Cooke does some shady stuff too.

We’re not going to apologize for caring. We’re not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 04:33 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Cookie gets paid to do his job, he plays on the line and sometimes he crosses it. I dont think anyone could deny the small amount of poetic justice when Thorton pounded on Cooke last year after the Savard hit. At least he owned up to it and took it like a man.
I expect to see the same thing the next time the pens play the caps. Someone better be taking a piece of steckel with them when they leave the ice.
Seems to me that Ole Disco has had the pens reigned in a bit on the fighting lately and I think it has been part of the rough road we have been facing. Maybe it is partly due to the fact that the goons of the league are more likely to take a shot at Sid or Geno than they are Engo or Rupp. I know I was very happy to see Kunitz go after that kid from carolina the other night. Perfect response for the situation.

Never underestimate pride; it can be a Man's greatest strength or his worst enemy

Never Forget.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 11:51 AM

When guys like Godard and Engelland play, Sid and Geno seem to play better--they don't have to look over their shoulder so much. As far as Cooke, the Savard hit was legal, at the time. Savard had just shot the puck, Cooke had committed to the hit. In the act of shooting, Savard inadvertently lowered his body, which aligned his head with Cooke's shoulder, causing the catastrophe. Cooke didn't leave his feet and launch himself into Savard's head.
But, he also was willing to answer for the his with a guy who was way better,and bigger, of a fighter. Cooke was on the Vancouver team with Todd Bertuzzi for the Steve Moore disaster. Cooke actually fought Moore. Bertuzzi challenged Moore later, Moore refused in a 9-0 game, so Bertuzzi sucker punched him. That in and of itself was crappy, but didn't really cause the injury. What caused the injury was when all of the Avs players jumped on Bertuzzi, everyone went down on top of Moore, who ended up with a snapped neck. Bertuzzi was wrong, but he got a lot more blame than he probably deserved for causing the injury. When McSorely used his stick as a sword on Brashear, THAT is dirty hockey.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 06:27 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

You think Engelland will try to take on Karchkner (sp) or will it beleft to Goddard for the rematch?

Never underestimate pride; it can be a Man's greatest strength or his worst enemy

Never Forget.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GobbleBuck
You think Engelland will try to take on Karchkner (sp) or will it beleft to Goddard for the rematch?
It'll be a rematch. Goddard doesn't like to lose....he has a history of rematches when he loses a fight(which does not often happen)....and he seldom falls short the second time around.

You really under estimated the ramifications of the boondoggle you have just perpetrated!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 08:05 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I would love to see Engo go with him though, they both got bombs. But I think your right, Goddard probably has a punching bag with karchners face on it up in his gym.

Never Forget.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan58
When guys like Godard and Engelland play, Sid and Geno seem to play better--they don't have to look over their shoulder so much. As far as Cooke, the Savard hit was legal, at the time. Savard had just shot the puck, Cooke had committed to the hit. In the act of shooting, Savard inadvertently lowered his body, which aligned his head with Cooke's shoulder, causing the catastrophe. Cooke didn't leave his feet and launch himself into Savard's head.
But, he also was willing to answer for the his with a guy who was way better,and bigger, of a fighter. Cooke was on the Vancouver team with Todd Bertuzzi for the Steve Moore disaster. Cooke actually fought Moore. Bertuzzi challenged Moore later, Moore refused in a 9-0 game, so Bertuzzi sucker punched him. That in and of itself was crappy, but didn't really cause the injury. What caused the injury was when all of the Avs players jumped on Bertuzzi, everyone went down on top of Moore, who ended up with a snapped neck. Bertuzzi was wrong, but he got a lot more blame than he probably deserved for causing the injury. When McSorely used his stick as a sword on Brashear, THAT is dirty hockey.
There is no defense for the Bertuzzi hit on Moore. It was total thuggery.

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 08:54 PM

I didn't say there was. It just wasn't what caused the neck injury. There is a flip side to that hit that everyone forgets. In the previous meeting between the Canucks and the Avs, Markus Naslund was down, and Moore ran him, causing a concussion. Did he deserve to have his career ended, no? But he wasn't as innocent as folks would be led to believe. I highly doubt it was Bertuzzi's intent to put the guy in a chair for the rest of his life. What I said was that McSorely's swipe at Brashear was worse. Remember, you can't really look at the result and decide what was worse to do.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page