And it starts already........ - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

And it starts already........

Quote:
Kolb: Start Me Or Trade Me

Well, now that the fun football part is over, it’s time to get to the seven months (or more!) or agony that will be this Eagles offseason. And the headaches have already begun, with Kevin Kolb telling the Eagles he wants to start or be traded:

Kolb wants to start and whether that’s for the Eagles or not, he will let coach Andy Reid know that during a scheduled Monday meeting. The 26-year-old has been the Eagles' backup for most of four seasons.

Asked what would be a best-case scenario for next season, Kolb said, “To start.”

“I love it here, as everybody knows,” Kolb said after the Eagles’ 21-16 playoff loss to the Packers. “My family’s settled in here. I would love to be starting here. But I want to be starting somewhere.”

Compounding the problem is that Kolb is the Eagles’ QB who is currently under contract and NOT present starter Michael Vick. The Eagles need to pay Vick to keep him in the fold, but there’s the question of what to pay a guy who constantly subjects himself to injury and is always one mistake away from being back out of football. You can’t keep Vick as your starter without keeping a quality backup behind him, and since Kolb is now unwilling to play that role, it seems the Eagles are going to have some extremely difficult choices to make.

Andy Reid and company showed a deft hand last offseason when dealing away Donovan McNabb just as his value was ready to expire. And now they’re faced with trying to please two quarterbacks who I assume they desperately wish to keep. It’s not going to be easy, and the sad part is that we have to worry about all this now, instead of prepping for a trip to Chicago. Football is cruel like that.

My ability to remember lyrics from songs of the 60's far exceed my ability to remember why I walked into the kitchen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 05:29 PM

Re: And it starts already........

Boy,that didn't take long.I don't think anything will happen until the labor agreement issue gets settled.I don't think any teams will be doing much until that plays out.I would like to see him here next year,but there are some teams that could really use a QB.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 05:35 PM

They should be able to get some value for the guy, altho him going public with this wont help.

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 06:13 PM

Send him to Carolina

3B NRA NWTF: I do have to fine you. That will be a thousand dollars Canadian, or 10 American dollars if you prefer.

My Blog
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 10:19 PM

Well, Kolb, your contract has you in Philly at least next year. The same contract you signed when you were a back up. Vick totally outplayed you. The question now is how much $$$ Vick wants to stay with the Eagles. He doesn't strike me as the sort of guy who will take a little less to stay with the only team willing to take a chance on his ex con butt, however, you never know. As the article said, how much do you pay a guy who has had just one good year since 2006, and who is a bit old, and also does subject himself to injury, and does not receive anything close to the protection from hits that Brady or other Chosen Ones do?

We’re not going to apologize for caring. We’re not.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 11:10 PM
The Man

kolb to skins, mcnabb back as back up. problem solved

Your never to old to learn something stupid
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 11:43 PM

What else would the Eagles be getting in that deal, Buzz?

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-11-2011, 12:31 AM
The Man

6 redskins cheerleaders , free hot dogs for whole team when they vist( ketchup only/no relish ), posibly a free beer if skins have any money left after giving mcnabb a extension & they will still have to sign kolb for 3 more years.

Your never to old to learn something stupid
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-11-2011, 12:33 AM

Toss in Dan Snyder getting beaten senseless publicly by a homeless guy and you got a deal.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page