Cops File Suit vs LeSean McCoy - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Cops File Suit vs LeSean McCoy

Off-duty cops sue LeSean McCoy over Philly bar fight

by Mari A. Schaefer, Staff Writer @MariSchaefer

Two Philadelphia police officers injured in an off-duty bar fight involving LeSean McCoy have filed suit against the former Eagles running back.

In the suit filed Tuesday in Common Pleas Court, Officers Darnell Jessie and Roland Butler and allege they were pummeled by McCoy, now with the Buffalo Bills, and three of his friends, in the Recess Lounge in the early morning hours of Feb. 7.

"Our investigation has confirmed that Darnell Jessie and Roland Butler were viciously attacked and beaten by LeSean McCoy and the additional defendants," said the plaintiff's lawyer, Fortunato N. Perri Jr. "As a result of the violent assault, both men have suffered serious and permanent injuries."

Jessie and Butler were hospitalized after the brawl.

Their lawsuit seeks in excess of $50,000 plus court costs.

The other defendants include three members of McCoy's party: Curtis Brinkley, a former NFL player with the San Diego Chargers and Chicago Bears; Tamarcus Porter, a former University of Pittsburgh football player; and Christopher Henderson.

The lawsuit also names the Recess Lounge and its owner, the Manayunk Club, for failure to provide adequate security and a duty not to serve alcohol to "any persons who were visibly intoxicated, including the defendants."

Philadelphia District Attorney Seth Williams announced in April he would not file charges stemming from the brawl because he could not determine who started the fight.

McCoy's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, declined comment, the Associated Press reports. McCoy's attorney has said his client was only trying to break up a fight between the officers and his friends over a $350 bottle of champagne.

Police have said the fight broke out over a misunderstanding about who had bought the bottle.‚Äč
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Re: Cops File Suit vs LeSean McCoy

My opinion, for what it's worth, is the bar's insurance company makes a settlement offer, they take it and everything else goes away.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 08:42 PM

They should file against McCoy and company seperate and file against the club for not protecting their clients.
The cops have a shark of a lawyer and in the scope of things today 50 grand is something the insurance companies would settle in a heartbeat.
In Philly you can get almost twice that much for a dog bite.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
Banned

"In excess of $50,000," not $50,000.

If it doesn't go like I posted I'll be surprised. The thing McCoy and company have going for them is the DA didn't file charges because he couldn't figure out who started the brawl. The bar will be on the hook because they were serving people who were drunk and didn't have adequate security. They will settle and once again McCoy will skate.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-21-2016, 12:11 AM

well they have nothing to lose ,
even if its found out that the cops started the fight ,which is the reason charges weren't filed ,there are no repercussions for them.
this is all a PR move from a butthurt union president.

Da hawk ate my baby!!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-21-2016, 12:09 PM

Thats funny, this mornings paper had a copy of the court filings and Jack McNesby's name wasn't mentioned.

Everyone knows a civil jury trial in Philly is almost a definite chance to hit the lottery.
Even if nothing other than making Shady outright lie on the stand its worth it, not like its going to change peoples opinion of him and the best is it might trip him up where he admits his group were the aggressors. Then since he was never charged the first time they could file assault or attempted murder charges on him and his boys.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-21-2016, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Banned

I doubt if he will admit he or his group were the aggressors. Why would he do that when he's being sued?

This is about making the bar owners liable and collecting from their insurance company. Shady has money but not as much as the insurance company. Deepest pockets theory here.

Hey Birch, how about this scenario......the cops are put on the stand and they get tripped up and they admit to being the aggressors and they get charged with assault and attempted murder, they are found guilty and they lose their jobs and maybe they go to jail.

I said this from the start.....It was a bar fight. 3 am. Everybody is drunk. Fight is over. Lick your wounds and go home. Let it go.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-21-2016, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc 21
I said this from the start.....It was a bar fight. 3 am. Everybody is drunk. Fight is over. Lick your wounds and go home. Let it go.
I agree 100% with that, problem was these were people in top physical condition who also had a lot more to lose than the $350.00 for a bottle of bubbly.
Had this fight involved Bernard Hopkins he might have been charged with assault with a deadly weapon.
Shady and company were not your typical Saturday Night rowdys.

Its amazing how one settlement check can do what months of meds, doctors and therapy couldn't do.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-21-2016, 09:55 PM

mcnesby's name wouldn't need his name attached for him to have the unions lawyers get involved
while most philly cops are fat ,I don't buy the "top physical conditioned athletes.
they didn't get there butts kicked by the whole offensive line.
McCoy was the only pro athlete.
and the cops have far more training for circumstances that involve physical encounters.and used to getting their way.
they just decided to flex their muscles against the wrong people at the wrong time.
and they are real butthurt about being told if were gonna charge McCoy ,were gonna charge you too.

I dislike McCoy for a number of reasons ,but I can't fault him for defending himself in a barfight

Da hawk ate my baby!!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
mcnesby's name wouldn't need his name attached for him to have the unions lawyers get involved
I don't think Perri is the unions lawyer. I'm pretty sure he is a private attorney hired directly by the plaintiffs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page