post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

Bradford demands trade after Eagles'

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15...delphia-eagles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 07:27 PM
Banned

Re: Bradford demands trade after Eagles'

So, Bradford wants a trade after all. He's not showing up at the OTA's. I guess his feelings are hurt.

I'm thinking like this, if somebody is paying me 35 million dollars for two years worth of work, I don't care if they draft the next Joe Montana. I'll play, take my money and if they don't want me in two years sign another deal, with another team, for a lot more money than if I had to work at a regular job.

I can hear Lurie now, "Howie, this is another fine mess you've gotten us into."

Howie better hit a Grand Slam with the number two pick.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 07:40 PM
Sage

He should have requested it before he signed the papers..I think not...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

I agree with you, even if the Eagles trade Bradford, which they won't, he has enough guaranteed money I would dress up in Swoops costume if that is what Mr Laurie asked me to do.

I can see where he might be upset they didnt use that #1 to pic some wide-body lineman to keep him off his back but they never promised him that, but he did take the cash.
Bradford will be at the mandatory sessions and will showcase his talents during the 2016/17 season to try and impress his next employer.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 08:54 PM
Banned

You can say that but remember professional athletes have huge egos. Like or not, they all are ultra sensitive when their abilities or job is threatened and they lash out. Until you walk in those shoes you don't know how you would act. I do agree though, I would relish the opportunity to be unhappy for a little while and make millions while doing it.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 09:15 PM
Banned

You're wrong about that. I know exactly how I would act. I would take the money, play my best for two years, then offer my services to the highest bidder.

See ya, Howie.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birch812
I agree with you, even if the Eagles trade Bradford, which they won't, he has enough guaranteed money I would dress up in Swoops costume if that is what Mr Laurie asked me to do.

I can see where he might be upset they didnt use that #1 to pic some wide-body lineman to keep him off his back but they never promised him that, but he did take the cash.
Bradford will be at the mandatory sessions and will showcase his talents during the 2016/17 season to try and impress his next employer.

I get your point Birch but what kind of season do you think we are going to get out of a guy who is pouting? Ego or not, he may be enough of a knucklehead to chain himself to the main mast and then scuttle the ship. With his limited track record showing not much in the positive column I think this childish move of his speaks volumes as to how he perceives himself; a legend in his own mind appears to fit.

Good night Chesty, wherever you are......
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 11:29 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

What a whiner.

I don't see Philly starting Wentz anytime soon, which means Sam would make his money, and have a chance to "show his skills" for the payday in two years...or next year if Wentz pans out. Instead it is , they are bringing in a top draft pick after giving me a bonus, AND guaranteed money. They hurt my feelings and invaded my safe space.

Trade him to Cleveland. He will then have the great opportunity of seeing RG-one-third every day, AND possibly have to compete with him to start! Boy, wouldn't that bust his bubble!

“There is Truth in the Old Saying, That if you make yourself a Sheep, the Wolves will eat you.”
Benjamin Franklin, 1773
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 11:50 PM

R Rusty - "RG-one-third"..... Hilarious!!!

Good night Chesty, wherever you are......
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-26-2016, 12:05 AM

I doubt Howie can get us half the trade value for Bradford that the Eagles paid to get him (even though he probably performed with us better than expected). Way to go Lurie!

3B NRA NWTF: I do have to fine you. That will be a thousand dollars Canadian, or 10 American dollars if you prefer.

My Blog

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page