James Franklin - PSU - Page 13 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #121 of 128 (permalink) Old 12-04-2016, 05:28 AM

I was so upset at the coaches in the first half I went to bed...they don't believe in the kids at all, that's why they look so bad in the first half, they won't let them throw the ball down field, but Congratulations are in order...now we'll see how crooked this so called committee really is !!!! Amazing win !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 128 (permalink) Old 12-04-2016, 11:02 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

WE ARE!

“There is Truth in the Old Saying, That if you make yourself a Sheep, the Wolves will eat you.”
Benjamin Franklin, 1773
post #123 of 128 (permalink) Old 12-04-2016, 12:58 PM

Definitely was a tale of 2 half's. When they failed on the second 4 and, and ended giving Wis a short field score I thought maybe Franklin was running plays out of the Doug Pederson playbook.
Second half all you can say is WOW, PSU almost scored at will and pushed that 300 lb plus line around and dealt with the 2 best college linebackers in the country like they were the practice squad.
The 17 graduating seniors will be missed and deserve this ride for sticking out the difficult events that happened after they signed their letter of intent, but the most interesting thing is watching this team grow.
They have a lot to look forward to and if Franklin does what he does best, recruit, then they should be back as the Beast of the East.

I know I was not on the Franklin bandwagon, especially to the tune of a 10 year contract for a unproven commodity, and could claim his success this season as "even a blind squirrel finds a nut once and awhile" but that would be unfair to minimize the work these kids put into this season.

Hopefully the nomination committee can also look at the character this team has and not feel they still need to be taught a lesson for Sandusky's crimes and really will allow the best teams to play for the championship.

Guess I was wrong about the integrate of the committee http://www.espn.com/college-football...otball-playoff

Last edited by Birch812; 12-04-2016 at 01:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 128 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 01:09 PM
The Man

The system still sucks. Voting will always lead to controversy as there are always going to be alliances and people are subjective with how they see a particular team and their schedule.

Break the country into 4 divisions, sort out the winner for each and then let the 4 teams play each other in a traditional bracket format. If you're truly the best team in the nation, it won't matter how tough your division was. You'll win it, your playoffs and the championship.

Voting teams in is a joke.

"I suppose it is the way of hunters. We are very odd fellows." ~ Peter Hathaway Capstick
post #125 of 128 (permalink) Old 12-17-2016, 12:03 AM

might be tougher hanging onto his coaches than his players

Other colleges interested in Penn State assistant coaches
post #126 of 128 (permalink) Old 12-17-2016, 05:29 AM

It will never be settled until it's settled on the field by the players, just like the smaller divisions...problem is there's to much CASH involved in these bowls, not just tickets, travel, hotels, restaurants.. This is big big big business.. The NCAA is under extreme economic pressure NOT to change a single thing...money talks and you know the rest !!
post #127 of 128 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 10:51 AM

Nice class by JMFF.

2017 Penn State Football Recruiting Commits

Nice job to get Castro-Fields, Lamont Wade, and Donovan Johnson as CBs. They all have big offer sheets from big HS programs. I also love C.J. Thorpe and Ellis Brooks. Solid class overall, gotta coach em up now because we're still behind OSU and UM.

Wherever somebody’s strugglin’ to be free,
Look in their eyes ma you’ll see me.
post #128 of 128 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 03:33 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossumBackstrap View Post
Nice class by JMFF.

2017 Penn State Football Recruiting Commits

Nice job to get Castro-Fields, Lamont Wade, and Donovan Johnson as CBs. They all have big offer sheets from big HS programs. I also love C.J. Thorpe and Ellis Brooks. Solid class overall, gotta coach em up now because we're still behind OSU and UM.

I think they will. From what I have read of this class, there could be a lot of sleepers in there. Hopefully they are able to bring them up to that level. Next years class is crazy good.

Never underestimate pride; it can be a Man's greatest strength or his worst enemy

Never Forget.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page