My first PSU football experience - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-10-2015, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

My first PSU football experience

Well after many years of wandering aimlessly on the 3rd rock I finally went to my first PSU football game and Id have to say it was quite a day.

After the 2 hour trip we finally made it to State College and were looking for parking.Saw many scalpers holding signs saying they had parking passes.I hollered at a few and everything was 40 bucks.My friend said theres no way we are paying that much for parking so since she went to school here before she knew her way around and was going to find better parking.

That didn't happen so we decided to bite the bullet and pay up.So we are heading back towards the stadium and see a scalper with a parking pass and I ask how much? He says "You give me a ride to the stadium and Ill give you this one for 20" Sounded good to us so our new friend Rob hopped in and even showed us where to go and if we ever needed tickets he always starts down by the Exxon..So heres to you Rob!!

We make our way to Beaver Stadium and our seats, which by the way were pretty nice being a few rows back from the field and with this being my first time I was elated.Until....

The CLAPPER made his appearance.Sitting right behind my friend and her boy(who is 7) and myself was this dude who was unbearable.He clapped so hard the wind from it parted my hair and he would scream in our ears..COME ON...COME ON PENN STATE...COME ON BABY,over and over.My ears are still hurting.

Well this just kept going on and on that us 3 and just about everyone around us were getting fed up with it.I actually sat there with my fingers in my ears hoping he would get the hint but he didn't get it.

I should say this was all 3 of ours first game and Jacob was not having a very fun time who I felt bad for the worst.He was actually crying because of this idiot.

So we saw a bunch of empty seats up high that we found out was the student section and told the guest service people our ordeal and they let us go up there and sit at which Jacob started having fun and that's what counted.

Last bit on the CLAPPER...We could see where he was sitting and most of the seats around him were empty by halftime.

One last thing about my day and Im not complainin' just sayin'....I really didn't know if I was at a football game or a strippers convention the way a lot of the girls were dressed in their cut off jeans and ripped up shirts but that kind of made up for the bad part.

Sorry for being long winded but just wanted to share.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-10-2015, 11:32 PM
Sage

Re: My first PSU football experience

I watched most of it on TV because 2 local guys are on the team, Godwin #12 on offense and Troy Reeder #42 Linebacker on defense..Reeder's grandpop and I were Troopers together and rode many shifts together, I also had his dad for a Trooper Youth week in 79, he was a whiz at one armed pushups,Good family ..
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-10-2015, 11:33 PM

Re: My first PSU football experience

Well that's college for you. You were lucky not to be surrounded by drunks.
I'm glad you finely got to a game and after moving seats your GF son had a good time. I have been to many games in Beaver Stadium over the past 45 years and its gotten bigger,more modern but definitely not quieter or classier, especially I the student section.
It's been like that every place I ever attended a college game with the exception of the Army Navy game.
Give it another try, the white out night games are something to see.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page