Ok, win/lose... (there is no draw) - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Ok, win/lose... (there is no draw)

Before they play tomorrow, I figure I'd ask the year long Bucco thread participants. IF they lose tomorrow, was the season a success ? 98 wins, but once again, a 1 game "play-in" scenario for the third straight year. Losing at home the last 2 seasons. Is it a step forward... or at least heading the right direction..... or not ?

2A-Wash. Co.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 05:21 PM
The Man

Re: Ok, win/lose... (there is no draw)

We played in the toughest division in MLB. We have the second best record in all of baseball. I don't think you can call that anything but a success.

Anyone can lose on any given day. The Cubs are a strong team, losing to them would be nothing to be ashamed of, though disappointing.

"I suppose it is the way of hunters. We are very odd fellows." ~ Peter Hathaway Capstick
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 06:21 PM

Honestly, I can't call it a success. A good year, yes. It is time they make the next step. I'm settling for the WC because of the division. They've already been here twice. IMO, it's NLCS (at least) or bust for them. They have the starting pitching to win a series against anybody. Just making it was good enough--in 2013. Moving backward is not acceptable, especially for a team with a small window of opportunity.

We’re not going to apologize for caring. We’re not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 10:33 PM

Actually they won the wild card game two seasons ago. I don't think this season would be considered a success if they lose tomorrow night.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 10:52 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

i still feel the wildcard should be best of 3...at least there is a wildcard game compaired to the good ole days...GO BUCS!

Come and try to take my guns!.you might meet my precious metal collection!
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 10:55 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
We played in the toughest division in MLB. We have the second best record in all of baseball. I don't think you can call that anything but a success.

Anyone can lose on any given day. The Cubs are a strong team, losing to them would be nothing to be ashamed of, though disappointing.
I'm with Adam. Any other year, with 90+ wins, and they would probably be in the NLDS. The Bucs only have themselves to blame though. Beat the Reds and Brewers a couple more times each, and they have nothing to worry about.

You didn't ask for it, but I think the Bucs lose tomorrow. Arrieta is due for a bad game. I just don't think it'll be tomorrow. I hope I'm wrong. He's given up 18 hits and 4 runs in five games against the Bucs this season. Cutch has a .348 career average against Arrieta. There isn't another Pirate with a BA over .250. The Bucs team career BA is .176 overall. Normally, I'd think they are due, but not on this stage. Go Bucs!

“did you get all that on camera sport?”
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-07-2015, 12:25 AM

The season would be a relative success, but to take the next step, they must win the division.

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-07-2015, 10:14 AM

Beating the Cards in the NLDS would trump winning the division.

We’re not going to apologize for caring. We’re not.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-07-2015, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

I too don't think that some magic wand will appear over PNC Park, wave, and magically have the Bucs solve Arrieta (sp ?).... blackout be darned. I'm also not sure that I wouldn't prefer they lose like the did last year if they are going to lose it. You know, out of it early, and never really a threat to win it. that would be easier on the ticker than a nail-biter, 2-1 loss late in the game.

Welp, one thing's for sure. They gotta play it.

2A-Wash. Co.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-07-2015, 12:13 PM

I'm bet money on them losing if I had too but I still wouldn't take anything away from the season. All that matters in sports should be that you have a realistic chance to win a title at the end of each season. If that's happening than I dont know how a person could really complain all that much. It's not like the Pens that have been good the past 5 years but you know darn well there was a 0% chance they would hoist the cup. These Pirates are fill with hope entering the playoffs. Sure they'll probably lose to Arietta tonight in the stupid one game scenerio but nobody is going to be shocked if they actually win and go all the way. Thats when you know you're in a good situation. Enjoy it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page