post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

Brady Gets Off

No surprise there.

TRUMP '16
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 01:57 PM

Re: Brady Gets Off

<span style="font-weight: bold"> I didn't think, the Wells report had enough clear evidence to make it stick...

I'm sure, a deep sigh of relief was heard from PATS FANS....</span>
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 03:37 PM

In other news, James Harrison just received a call from Goodell about a special week 1 mission. 4 game suspension, pffft, how bout urinating blood for 4 weeks. #commishalwayswins

Wherever somebody’s strugglin’ to be free,
Look in their eyes ma you’ll see me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 03:38 PM
Banned

So the NFL has no authority to penalize players as they see fit?

Brady destroys the phone which had the evidence, and gets off Scott Free!

Bullcrap!
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 03:38 PM
Banned

James Harrison is a One-Man Concussion Machine....I hope he meets Brady Head-On!!
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 04:33 PM
Frequent Contributor

The report alleging air being let out was fundamentally flawed as to the measurements and that was actual evidence presented in court. At no point did the NFL present any evidence that Brady deflated any footballs, nor was he actually aware of any one doing so or complicit in the same, nor, in fact, that the balls were actually deflated (the report was fundamentally, factually, and scientifically flawed on that basis, across the board). With no evidence of deflation or of Brady's involvement, penalizing Brady would be akin to NASCAR penalizing Dale, Jr., for an allegation without scientific or actual proof that someone on his team may have altered tire pressure before a race without anything tying him to it or even knowing about it, and absent any actual evidence of the same.

As for the destruction of the phone, Brady had every record of his phone accounts - all of them - turned over directly from the service provider. Those records are far more comprehensive than anything on a phone, since information on a phone can be deleted or altered; the same is not the case from the service provider records.

The judge was also very clear in stating that at no time did the NFL inform Brady or the Union that Brady was subject to any penalty for destroying the phone (even after turning over the phone records which he was not asked nor obligated to do), nor did they inform him that he was subject to any penalty for allegedly (and without proof) possibly knowing that someone else may have done anything with the inflation levels of the footballs. Beyond that, at no point did the NFL disclose that the penalty - beyond what is within the NFL rules - would be akin to a player being found to have violated the league's substance abuse policy.

The court ruling essentially says that: 1) the NFL needs actual proof and not mere allegations; 2) the NFL has to inform players of the penalties they are facing and for what they might be facing penalties for; and, 3) the NFL has to actually follow it's own rules when penalizing players.

Seems rather straight forward.

The NFL lost this because of the arrogance of Goodall, no one man should be judge, jury and executioner.

I carry a gun because I'm to young to die and to old to take a ass whipping.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 05:07 PM
Banned

Ok then, I want to hear an explanation on why James Harrison was fined over 100,000 and suspended for making what was, at the time, a legal tackle?

Also, why was Roethlisberger suspended 4 games on mere allegations of rape?

If the NFL has no right to suspend players on simply allegations, or for making LEGAL tackles that the NFL deems "too vicious", then why is Brady's case any different?
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 06:06 PM
Frequent Contributor

I think the difference is Brady took it into a real court room with a real judge, and Harrison & Ben did not.

I carry a gun because I'm to young to die and to old to take a ass whipping.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 06:26 PM

Bet Brady meets up tonight with Jonathan Dwyer, Greg Hardy, Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson at Union Oyster House and hoist a couple cold ones to the ineptness of Goodell and the NFL
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Henry
James Harrison is a One-Man Concussion Machine....I hope he meets Brady Head-On!!

I like the way you think!

We're all here because we're not all there!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page