2014-15 Penguins Season Thread - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7303 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

2014-15 Penguins Season Thread

Enough waiting! Out with the old and in with the new!!!The 14-15 thread is here! I, for one, and super optimistic about the promise of a new season, with new leadership, and a largely new lineup. Significant change has finally arrived and there isn't a Pens fan alive that shouldn't be feeling a renewed sense of hope! GO PENS!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7303 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 02:06 PM

Re: 2014-15 Penguins Season Thread

Glad to see the new thread started. I have optimism for the new season as well. I hope the FA moves, albeit minor, help propel this team.

It will be interesting to see how the coaching change will pan out. Little experience at a pro level but appears to have the right ideas that could work for this group of players.

...but those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. -Isaiah 40:31
post #3 of 7303 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
The Pittsburgh Penguins have invited 37 players to the team’s annual prospect development camp that will be held July 15-19, it was announced today by executive vice president and general manager Jim Rutherford.

The prospects will be on the ice for their first practice on Tuesday afternoon at CONSOL Energy Center. Camp will conclude on Saturday, July 19 with a scrimmage that is free and open to the public beginning at 3 p.m.

Those who give up liberty in exchange for security will gain neither and lose both-Benjamin Franklin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7303 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 03:02 PM

I'm looking forward to this season. Plenty of changes and plenty of unknowns, but, IMO, better than not answering the known issues of years past.

You really under estimated the ramifications of the boondoggle you have just perpetrated!
post #5 of 7303 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 03:48 PM
The Man

USAF 1984-88

Families that hunt together stay together!
post #6 of 7303 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 03:56 PM

HAPPY DANCE!!!!!

I don't have ducks. I don't have rows. I have squirrels. And they're drunk.
post #7 of 7303 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Is that Task BH????
post #8 of 7303 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 08:39 PM
Banned

LOL. Nice to see I kept all of you on the edge of your seats while I was on vacation this past week...

It remains to be seen how this coming season will play out but even with all the changes at the top, the players in and the players out, I still see nothing new with this team that makes me sit up and think "man this team is going to be unstoppable this year." (negative enough for you?)

I obviously can't criticize the new management, coaches, and players yet, but it just looks like another rehashing of the same old, ho hum, 2010-2014 Pittsburgh Penguins.

I mean, can anyone really point to anywhere in the lineup with a straight face and say that they got better? Anyone? ANYONE? Buehler?
post #9 of 7303 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 09:12 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Win or Lose, can't wait for Hockey and Hunting Seasons!

I see said the Blind Carpenter to his Deaf Helper as he picked up his Hammer and Saw!
post #10 of 7303 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 11:49 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraskOutdoors
LOL. Nice to see I kept all of you on the edge of your seats while I was on vacation this past week...

It remains to be seen how this coming season will play out but even with all the changes at the top, the players in and the players out, I still see nothing new with this team that makes me sit up and think "man this team is going to be unstoppable this year." (negative enough for you?)

I obviously can't criticize the new management, coaches, and players yet, but it just looks like another rehashing of the same old, ho hum, 2010-2014 Pittsburgh Penguins.

I mean, can anyone really point to anywhere in the lineup with a straight face and say that they got better? Anyone? ANYONE? Buehler?
Where did the Trask family enjoy their time off?

Maybe, to answer your question, this will all be about "addition by subtraction".

Or, as Bushmaster put it on the old thread "Trask, regardless of what the pens do you'll find a way to thrive on the negative. It's okay, it's just who ya are! Go Pens!"

“did you get all that on camera sport?”

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page