What a joke. - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
The Man

What a joke.

Long Hair just got a 3 year deal today. That just shows you how dumb the Rooney,s are. Their gonna eat that contract cause he,ll be lucky to get thru 1 season let alone 3. I can,t wait and laugh when he falls flat on his face even worse this comin season and knowin that those clowns paid him all those big bucks.Foote wasn,t no surprise but keepin Long Hair is a joke.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 10:50 PM

Re: What a joke.

A one legged Palamalu is twice as good as any other safety in the league.

I don't have ducks. I don't have rows. I have squirrels. And they're drunk.
post #3 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 12:12 AM

Polamalu played every defensive snap last season, with 85 tackles, 2 picks, and five force fumbles, and made the Pro Bowl.

I would like to hear what the alternative personnel plan would be for that position in 2014, given the number of holes the Steelers have.

His deal and Miller's were done to provide salary cap space. In a move common to the NFL, a veteran player near the end of their career is given an extension, and a back-loaded base salary is converted to a guaranteed signing bonus which is spread-out over the life of the contract.

Considering that Troy and Heath have been instrumental in winning two Super Bowls and going to another, and also how many fans do you see in Polamalu and Miller jerseys in Steeler Country, and their ability to still make big-time contributions on the field, it was a smart move to make the deals, and it says something that these players want to finish it up as Steelers.

Had the Steeler defense been up to snuff in other positions, you give a Dick LeBeau a safety as versatile as Polamalu and look out. D-Beau has to work with what he has, clearly need some help in other areas on this team, so all and all it was a w.in for the fans, the players, and the team..

A closed mind keeps the truth out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 12:18 AM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by good ole boy
Long Hair just got a 3 year deal today. That just shows you how dumb the Rooney,s are. Their gonna eat that contract cause he,ll be lucky to get thru 1 season let alone 3. I can,t wait and laugh when he falls flat on his face even worse this comin season and knowin that those clowns paid him all those big bucks.Foote wasn,t no surprise but keepin Long Hair is a joke.
Heck of a thing to say about one of the greatest Steeler players ever. Also, a three year deal means nothing. They can cut him at any time. What kind of guaranteed money is he getting and what kind of hit is he going to have on the cap this season ? That's what really matters. I trust that they know what they're doing.

Darton DS-3800
Public Land Hunter
post #5 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 12:27 AM
The Man

I just read the article in the trib and the Steelers made a great move today with Troy.
Now I just hope they cut Clark and Woodley.

Darton DS-3800
Public Land Hunter
post #6 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethFrumAbuv
Polamalu played every defensive snap last season, with 85 tackles, 2 picks, and five force fumbles, and made the Pro Bowl.

I would like to hear what the alternative personnel plan would be for that position in 2014, given the number of holes the Steelers have.

His deal and Miller's were done to provide salary cap space. In a move common to the NFL, a veteran player near the end of their career is given an extension, and a back-loaded base salary is converted to a guaranteed signing bonus which is spread-out over the life of the contract.

Considering that Troy and Heath have been instrumental in winning two Super Bowls and going to another, and also how many fans do you see in Polamalu and Miller jerseys in Steeler Country, and their ability to still make big-time contributions on the field, it was a smart move to make the deals, and it says something that these players want to finish it up as Steelers.

Had the Steeler defense been up to snuff in other positions, you give a Dick LeBeau a safety as versatile as Polamalu and look out. D-Beau has to work with what he has, clearly need some help in other areas on this team, so all and all it was a w.in for the fans, the players, and the team..

We're all here because we're not all there!!
post #7 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 12:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelhead125
I just read the article in the trib and the Steelers made a great move today with Troy.
Clark, yes.

While I think they overpaid Woodley and that he is turning into a China doll, his ceiling is pretty high. If he can get his act together, he could be a major factor on Sundays...
post #8 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 12:56 AM

I put this post up there with the recent one trying to convince everybody it was a good idea to trade Crosby.

I don't have ducks. I don't have rows. I have squirrels. And they're drunk.
post #9 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 01:19 AM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraskOutdoors
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelhead125
Clark, yes.

While I think they overpaid Woodley and that he is turning into a China doll, his ceiling is pretty high. If he can get his act together, he could be a major factor on Sundays...
I don't know Trask. Last season was his time to make a comeback and prove everyone wrong and he still looked out of shape and slow. I don't know if the big contract caused him to slip or there is something else wrong with him, but he is not the same player anymore. Maybe I am wrong and he can turn it around but I don't think so. I think the Steelers are much better off going with Worilds even though that is a bit of a gamble as well with his limited track record.

Darton DS-3800
Public Land Hunter
post #10 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 01:20 AM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckethead
I put this post up there with the recent one trying to convince everybody it was a good idea to trade Crosby.
I agree.

Darton DS-3800
Public Land Hunter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page