Benelli Supersport Perfomance Center - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 12:05 AM Thread Starter
The Man

Benelli Supersport Perfomance Center

I just purchased the Benelli Performance Center Supersport today and I look forward to shooting it this year. I have yet to shoot it, but I will give you my initial impressions of the gun as I have broke quite a few clays in my mind with it already. The fit and finish of the gun is the same as all Benelli's with everything fitting perfectly. I really like the extended bolt handle and the EZ bolt release. I personally don't like the factory bolt release on their guns and I think that it could be improved as they require a little more pressure than I would like them to have. The EZ bolt release really solves that problem and closing the bolt is a cinch. The trigger is nice, not the best that I have ever felt (Cole does a really great Beretta Semi-auto trigger) but it seems a lot crisper than the factory ones. As shown on the website it comes with the two Briley Spectrum chokes in Skeet and Light Modified. I plan on getting a few more direct from Briley as I get some money saved up. The weighted forend cap really does make a difference and it seems to make the gun handle better and much smoother. I am really looking forward to shooting this gun and I will get back to everyone on my impressions of it once I get back from the range. I was hoping to get out this weekend, but my wife is finally going to be released from Fort Dix, New Jersey as she just got back from Iraq so it will have to wait a week or two.

On another note, I picked up the gun at Richland Shooters Supply along with a bunch of cases of shells. Jim has the Star Team Rios for 56.95 a case and the regular Rio target loads for 49.95 right now. He always has the great prices for shells. I am not sure how long they will be at this price, but I thought that I would put it out for those looking to get ready for a great shooting season.

Mac
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 02:16 AM

Re: Benelli Supersport Perfomance Center

I'll tell you right now that even with the weight added to it it swings really fast. I have shot a few of them and just can't get use to how light they are. Other than that they are nice guns. Do they put the adjustable comb on the performance center gun?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 02:37 AM Thread Starter
The Man

Well it has the comfortech system on it so you can get different comb heights for it. I am lucky I guess in that I can use the regular comb on it just fine. I haven't gotten to shoot it, but I think that the gun feels great right now. Only time will tell.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 01:12 AM Thread Starter
The Man

I shot the gun this weekend at Central Penn Sporting Clays and was very impressed. The gun had a little more recoil than I am use to but I only realized it because I was really thinking about it while shooting at first so I could write my impressions down on here. The gun was really smooth swinging for me. I really think that I will be back to my ways when shooting this shotgun for he season.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page