Sporting Clays Partner[s] SE PA - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2009, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

Sporting Clays Partner[s] SE PA

Just seeing if anyone wanted to shoot sporting clays sometime with me or allow me to tag along with your group, I started last year and got into it more over the summer. I've shot with friends but have also gone alone, I see groups out on the courses sometimes and wish I had friends who were able to go more often. Still learning so I miss a lot but I still have fun doing it and I'm hoping to get better.

I've shot at LVSC, Rock Mountain, and Wing Pointe. Prefer Wing Pointe b/c it's cheaper but it seems like the course this year didn't change much from last year[if at all]. Rock Mountain is a hike for me being that I live in SEPA but if you wanted to get together during the summer it would be easier since I spend some weekends on the family property in Susquehanna Co.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Sporting Clays Partner[s] SE PA

i like shooting wing pointe, i shot there with the Berks Co sheriff in the 90's with my father.

so you live around that area?

"My wife's upset cause I'm going again, though my tags are filled I've got to guide my friends."
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I shot Factoryville Sportsmans Club and Rock Mountain. The next time your coming up shoot me a Pm. The Rock is open Wensday through Sunday and Factoryville is open at selected dates.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-05-2009, 11:28 AM

Try Lehigh Valley. The presentations chnge often and the course is a dream. You can shoot by yourself because the auto-throwers have a selectable delay. Kind of pricy but it's worth it.

Good night Chesty, wherever you are......
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-05-2009, 11:32 AM
Frequent Contributor

Send a message via AIM to BrowningFan369 Send a message via Yahoo to BrowningFan369

Reach out for me, my schedule is goofy but if I'm available. I'd be happy to shoot a round or two with you. I'm in Philly so I'm open to go just about anywhere

Introduce a kid to the outdoors.It's addictive.
NSCA Level II Instructor
Paragon School of Sporting Professional Associate
NRA, DU,
Pheasants Forever
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

Huntin Fool, I live in Montgomery County but I'm up in that area fairly often...it's on the way to Cabela's)].

treerat - I certainly will keep this thread in mind when the summer comes around. Rock Mountain was a lot of fun the one time I shot there, definitely challenging.

jimsdad - I've shot and LVSC and I do like the course. I also like that you can have the throwers put on delay if you're alone. However, it's nice shooting with a group sometimes especially for a beginner like me - it lets me pick up tips.

browningfan - I'll shoot you a PM the next time I am likely to go...feel free to do the same.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 05:00 PM
Frequent Contributor

Count me in on wing point, I can go just about any day. Its a nice place to go, plus I know alot of the guys that work there.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 11:31 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Seoul, if you go to Wing Pointe, give our best to Cindy and Bill. My son and I used to shoot there. We lived about 5 minutes from there on Crystal Cave Rd. I cut my clays teeth at WP when we got into the clays game- long, long ago in a galaxy far far away it seems.

In an age of universal lies, speaking the truth is a revolutionary act - George Orwell
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

^ Will do, is she the lady who works in the main building?

How would people about getting a group together for a SE PA[or if you're willing to drive] HuntingPA Sporting Clays Shoot?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 02:23 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Yes, Cindy works in the main building.

If you want to get a HuntPA group together and come shoot with us, we'll give y'all a price break and charge members rates. If you bring venison, etc. for lunch to make a day out of it, you can use the grill in the cook shack too.

In an age of universal lies, speaking the truth is a revolutionary act - George Orwell

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page