Any short term lease options in 2b for late doe? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2013, 12:48 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Any short term lease options in 2b for late doe?

Always have enjoyed taking the trip down to 2b in January for 1 or 2 Saturdays. However, the place we had to hunt was not in Allegheny county, so it is off limits now with the rules changing this season.

I know the ALT and gamelands are open but I've never been to them and here its pretty tough hunting. Its a 3.5 or so hour drive for me so I'd like to at least have a good chance at seeing some critters!

Is there any farms or private lands that accept a pay to hunt format, within reason? I know it's farfetched. I'd be willing to pay a small fee for the use of some land that holds deer though for a day. Would sign any waivers and such as well.

I don't know just a quick thought. I'll end up scrounging for a small piece of crowded open land if nothing else. Unfortunately its too far away to knock doors or build good relationships with landowners.

Any thoughts on anything related to 2b late season, the rules changing, and hunting land there in general? I'd never trade the hundreds of thousands of acres of public land here for that urban hunting, but boy it sure is a great time and a nice change up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2013, 01:47 AM
Regular Visitor

Re: Any short term lease options in 2b for late doe?

shoot me a PM
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2013, 01:48 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

We could use a few people to help with late season drives if your interested let me know...but thier are a few places that are open to the public i cant remember right now someone should chime in here soon an might know what im thinking of

~bake that possum good an brown lay them sweet tader's round an round~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2013, 02:14 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

I'll def let you know when we can come and how many come down. I have taken anywhere from 1 to 5 down with me. All model hunters and respectful.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 05:48 PM
Frequent Contributor

Hi kyle I have several spots in 2B excellent opportunity
you wont go home with out deer, talk to in a PM about cost and maybe we can horse trade- I am looking for a good place black squirrel & bear hunt inkckean
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-07-2014, 10:59 AM

Also interested in this. What are the cost of leases like in northern 2b? Any leases that only last a month or so? Im tired of hunting the gamelands in wexford during the late season. I have all the venison I need by this point in the season, but I still enjoy getting out for a doe or two and giving away the meat to those who could use it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page