Lancaster Based Archery Hunt Club Forming - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

Lancaster Based Archery Hunt Club Forming

Been seeing a lot of posts in the QDM area of people saying they can't get access to private land in PA. So I've decided to take the bull by the horns this year and start an archery only hunt club that serves the central PA area of York, Lancaster & Harrisburg. Again, this an archery only club; if you're a gun hunter or x-bow hunter...no need to read further.

On the backend of this project, I'm currently reviewing & negotiating leases for (26) individual pieces of property that are all within a 30-40min drive of Harrisburg, York & Lancaster that range in size from 10ac to 200+AC of wooded property as well as wooded areas of farmland; some include lodging on site as well. Once we have the landowners OK in wanting to lease the property, I'm then going to walk each individual piece of land to check it's "huntability" so that we're not leasing junk land either. At that point I'll connect with members of the club with the cost factor per member for that piece of land as well as the maximum of open slots. Then once we recive the money from the hutners we'll then lease the land. I'm looking to obtain exclusive annual leases on these pieces of property so we can archery hunt them all season long, but worst case we may only get a 3 month lease for just the archery season alone (September-November).

On the front end of this project, I'm now gathering contact info from interested archery only hunters (again, no gun or x-bows hunters) who would like to be invoved in this. I don't have any pricing locked in yet because we're still in negotiations to obtain a number of leases at this point and the exact cost per hunter will be determined on what the individual property they want to hunt on leases for, how many hunters we can have on each piece of land (we want no more than 1 hunter per 5AC), and the cost of insurance for the club. We're estimating that the annaul dues will be no more than $200-300/yr. Maybe more if the land also includes lodging rights, has food plots on it already, and/or if the density of hunters on the land is less than 1 hunter per 5AC (say 1:10 or even 1:20). Maybe less if we can only get a 3mo lease vs. an annual lease or if the lease is not exclusive to us only. But overall $200-300/yr is a good expectation to have. Once I get each parcel of land locked with the exact cost and cap of hunters, I will inform all interested parties the exact details to include the cost and how many open slots there are on each piece of land. Signing up for it will be a first come first served process and dues will need ot be paid upfront before we lease the property.

But at this point I'm just looking for interested archery hunters (again, no gun hunters or x-bow hunters) who want to get in on something like this. If so please send me ALL your contact info; your real name [not your HPA name], eMail address and PH#(s) as soon as you can so I can start creating a list. Once I get each property locked in, I'm going to start rolling down the list in the order I receive contact info to start filling in open slots immediately.

Casey W. Roe

Remember the "Q" in QDM means Quality...not Quantity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 01:15 AM Thread Starter

Re: Lancaster Based Archery Hunt Club Forming

Been getting some good PM's in and everyone who has sent me their contact info has been added to the list. We're now up to 40 people and still growing.

However when sending me your contact info PLEASE include your eMail address. All of the updates are being eMailed to everyone as I don't have the time to call individuals and personally update them.

Casey W. Roe

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

As a follow up to these posts. The official name of the organization is Capitol Area Bowhunters. Also anyone obtaining access to land through us is covered under our hunter's insurance policy through the QDMA.

Casey W. Roe

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 12:40 PM
Frequent Contributor

5x as much as the WMA and no crossbows.......ypu might want to change the name to Capitol Area VERTICAL ONLY Bowhunters...... THE DIVISION HAS BEGUN THE ANTI-HUNTERS WON !!!!!! They couldnt beat so they let us beat ourselves!!!! good job!!!!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 01:16 AM Thread Starter

Just got our 1st (48) acres that just 10min outside of Harrisburg. Walked the property last week and the place is loaded with deer sign. Looking to lock in hunters. Here's the basic rates so far:

(12) hunters at $295/hunter: 0 hunters interest
(10) hunters at $350/hunter: 2 hunters interested
(7) hunters at $500/hunter: 3 hunters interested
(5) hunters at $700/hunter: 0 hunters interested.

Once we have either one of these options filled with paid members then we're leasing the land. If you have any interest please PM me your contact info and let me know which option you're interested in. More than happy to answer any questions you may have.

Casey W. Roe

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 12:33 AM Thread Starter

All,
For anyone seriously interested in getting on this piece of property, I will be giving a tour of the place tomorrow morning. Anyone interested in looking at this property will need to meet us at the intersection of I81 and Rt.39 at 9am. You can connected with me by calling my cell phone (804.274.0808) when you get in the general area so all of us can meet at the same place. If you are coming make sure to bring your boots as some of the area is a bit swampy.

As a reminder, hereís the rates for this property:
(12) hunters: $295/person
(10) hunters: $350/person
(7) hunters: $500/person
(5) hunters: $700/person.
*rates above also include hunterís insurance provided by the QDMA.

Now at this time the strongest draw is for (7) hunters at $500; though Iím not going to turn down other offers if they come up. Currently thereís (2) wanting to do get in at the 7 hunter rate (me and Bill) and roughly (5-7) more showing high interest pending on them walking the property. And to make this easy for everyone financially, I have set up a PayPal account under my eMail address so you can pay via check or by credit card.

I would really like to get this locked in by the end of this month if at all possible. I have the lease ready to be signed. I just need to get all of the slots filled and paid for before I sign it. If we can get this done now, I could also ask the owner if we could hunt turkeys this year as well for spring; and get started on the property next month!!!

Thanks,

Casey W. Roe

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

At this point we have decided to lease this land to (7) hunters at $500/ea.

We currently have (5) of these (7) spots filled and are looking for (2) more members to join so that we can fill all of the spots and lease the land as soon as we can. If you're interested please send me a PM.

Thanks,

Casey W. Roe

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 02:09 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

you had my interest "untill" you said no crossbows ....but yet you say your looking for archery hunters, oh well .........bob

exocet w/STS, munch mount
boo string and trigger
2117 w/ blazer vanes and brass inserts
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 02:30 AM Thread Starter

Read the other posts...we changed that. Crossbows are OK now but you have to have a legit medical reason for having to use one over traditional archery equipment.

Casey W. Roe

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob1961
you had my interest "untill" you said no crossbows ....but yet you say your looking for archery hunters, oh well .........bob

Bob,
Why would you be interested in an area 3hrs away?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page