New York State Hunting Lease!! - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 314 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

New York State Hunting Lease!!

We're looking for persons interested in becoming members in a lease starting up in Cattaraugus county New York. It's approx 25 miles north of Warren Pa off rt 62 approx 3 miles off Ivory road near Frewsburg. The cost for the lease $8800.00 and is 1020 acres in size. Looking for 20 to 25 members cost will be $350 per membership. Left over money will be used for posters locks also a couple gates that have to be installed, along with a couple small food plots this year.
The membership will include your immediate family meaning spouse, and children up to age 18. Guests will be allowed during the off season for recreational purposes Camping and ATVs. The recreational period will run from Memorial Day until Labor day after that it's members only. Ladder stands, climbers and loc on's will be allowed. Also ATVs may be used to get to and from your hunting area this will be strictly enforced. Road hunting and joy riding during any hunting season will not be permitted and will most likely result in loss of membership.
This is a start up lease this property has been leased in the past but has been open for over 3 years now so I'm starting from scratch.
I'm currently working on getting harvest reports from the land owner.
If you are interested in looking at this property or becoming a member please email me at [email protected]
This post was approved By RB-HPA whom also is interested in becoming a member in this lease.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 314 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 04:20 PM
RB
Sage

Re: New York State Hunting Lease!!

Hey John, good to see the post up and yes I think I am going to commit just on proximity alone, out of state is about the only place i can justify leasing since I got so many PA spots to go.

I was actually talking to a couple guys at lunch that may be loosing their NYS lease this year (long time NYS leasee), so I might have a couple of other good guys interested...I am going to e-mail them these details if that is OK.

As I mentioned, I would be happy to truck my plot equipment up should we get to that point. I figure it to be within 40 minutes of my house, and that is exactly what i was looking for in a out of state hunting spot.

"Only takes a second to change your season" Dad, 1980
post #3 of 314 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Thank you John,
This property has really great potential also the habitat is awesome. Along with the fact by walking the property and seeing the deer sign we did, it didn't take me long to commit to leasing this property.
I hope to see you there in a couple weeks to have a look around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 314 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 01:30 AM
RB
Sage

Thanks John for remembering our discussion a couple years ago and looking me up...I looked at the area on Google map and have been thru there alot of times to get up to I86 and always wondered what the hunting was like there.

Hope to make the run up that weekend, but I am planting here and My son has his trap league banquet fun shoot. But REALLY want to find the time for this.

post #5 of 314 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012, 11:12 AM
Part of the Community

Cool looking offer. I d like to add that I have dealt with Archer40 in the past and find his leasing practices to be of the most ethical and efficently run operations out there. If anything he guides too much on these properties instead of hunting more himself. Memebers pretty much control how they want their lease to go with him....I have other offers to hunt PA and OH or I d strongly consider this also... Good Luck in your lease
post #6 of 314 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Just a quick update I will be up on this property on Sunday June 3 if anyone is interested in looking at the property. Also once the membership has reached 20 members I'm closing the membership and starting a waiting list for the coming year. The decision has been made not to overcrowd this property with members.
If you would like to meet and look at this property please email me at [email protected]
Thank you!
post #7 of 314 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 12:12 PM

Got up to take a look at the property yesterday. Spent a good four hours driving and hiking around in the rain with my buddy Steve. Very nice property with tons of potential. Here's my take on the lease and it's habitat/potential.

Nice property. Big woods clear-cut type land....steep hills, rolling hill and benches and nice tops and bottoms. Every stage of growth from what looks like it was cut last fall to mature white & red oak stands. Not a ton of heavy trails right now(It's June....deer just don't travel like that this time of year), but looks like a fair number of deer around based on browsing activity/scat/tracks. Saw a big doe cross the road in front of us as we entered the property and we jumped two bucks together on a short hike....looked like twins, both showing brows, G1ís and turning forward with big bulbs on the ends. I was surprised to see them so far along! I had my camera, but it was in the dry truckÖ.I doubt I could have gotten a snap anyway but I probably could have gotten it turned on before they were gone! We also came across a couple piles of bear scat and found some bear tracks in the mud in a different location so there's bears there too. Wasn't really looking for turkey sign at all, but I'm sure they're around as well.

Overall, I think itís a nice chunk of land. Good diversity when it comes to the cuts. Stable mast producing stands with white and red oak, some hickory and beech. Plenty of cover. We only really touched a small piece yesterday, but from what I saw of that Iím happy with it. Thereís a whole ridge that I think is accessible by foot only that we didnít hike into, but looks like mature timber....probably oak in there, I plan to check that out next time Iím up. I especially liked the limited access....thereís not a giant network of roads to every nook and cranny so getting away from the truck doesnít just get you that much closer to the next road. There are ATV trails on the property and some might take you into the harder to get to places....I just don't know yet. I'm planning on taking my mt. bike next time and cover those trails to figure out where they all go.

I'll add another kudos to John. I've been on a lease with him in the past and I can assure you he's a stand up guy. Matter of fact, I'd still be on that lease if it was closer to me. This property will no doubt be run by the members, for the members. John's likely the hardest working, most selfless guy I've ever known....he'll bend over backwards to make sure all of us members are getting what we want out of the property. Donít hesitate to ask any questions....if I can answer them I will. I'm also only about a half hour from the lease so if anyone wants to take a look at it I'd be more than happy to show it.

Jason

You really under estimated the ramifications of the boondoggle you have just perpetrated!
post #8 of 314 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 12:27 PM
RB
Sage

Well I never made it up this weekend with the trap banquet and then planting here in PA...but from our e-mails and reports on the kind of woods this is. I AM IN. and may be able to get a couple more now that I have the map to hand out and discuss.

I have lived 20 minutes from the NY border for 20 years now and only hunted up there once and it was ALOT further away from me than this property is. I am looking forward to becoming part of this gang, this is exactly what I have been looking for in NY, a place close, not a swamp, nice area I have driven thru many times and wondered "what is the hunting like here"...well 2012 will take care of that wonder. GLAD to be aboard, John i sent you an e-mail on the particulrs to make it official. Looking forward to the PA off days, heading to NY, also that NY ML season always sounded so appealing to me. Likely be gun only for me this year and later seasons at that. Busy fall and lots of tags/people to tend too.

Also, Guys if you got permission and want to plant some interior plots for the Fall, let me know I travel alot in June and July, but it then leaves my August open and you know the equipment I have since you sold it to me a few years ago...LOL, I have added some other things as well. Looking at the map there may be some planting spots there in the center.

Look forward to hunting with you guys , 2012 is really shaping up in two states ...

post #9 of 314 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

The area on the first map with the letters PG is where the lease is located.

This is a copy of the topo map of the property the boundary is highlighted in dark black.
post #10 of 314 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Thank you Jason, and John!
I'm Looking forward to this coming hunting season as well. This property has some real potential and will only get better with guys like yourselves included in this lease.
Again Thank You!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page