Bear hunting anyone? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Bear hunting anyone?

I have a camp just outside of Oil City Pa., I知 currently looking people with an interested in bear hunting, specifically driving bears that do not have a place to go. Over the past few years the number of people attending bear camp at my place has drastically dropped off, mostly due to the physically demanding mature of driving bears. Which is the chosen method behind our madness. As of right now myself and a buddy will be staying at my camp, there will be four others meeting us at camp that live locally. This will be our 7th year of hunting bear season from my camp; we致e killed two bears, and saw a third bear. So our success rate has been fairly decent.

The nuts and bolts:

1. We値l head up on Friday November 18th, hunt Saturday the 19th, play some cards (normally just holdem a friendly $5.00 game or two to pass the time) drink a few beers on Sunday the 20th, and hunt Monday the 21st leaving at the end of the day.
2. I値l make a menu, purchase all of the food, and we will split the bill equally. If not then we typically end up with way to much food or someone complaining that they did more than the next person.
3. You値l need money for food & cards, personal hygiene products, hunting gear, a sheet, pillow, and sleeping bag. A four wheel drive would be a plus to assist hauling hunters. B.Y.O.B, a cooler with ice for you beer.
4. We have three plots of posted/leased land to hunt one with 2000 acres, the second with 1000 acres in another, and the third has 300 acres. If you are looking for location to hunt on your own in the future this would not be the hunt for you as these are all leased properties.
5. If you do not like cops, this might not be the group for you to make friends with.

I知 looking for serious inquiries only, if you have an interest but are not 100% please do not tell me that you will be there then back out last minute as you may be taking a spot away from someone else. Keeping that in mind, once again in the past few years it has been a struggle just to get a few people together to head up, do not be shy. If there痴 an interest shoot me a PM, I値l answer them in the order they are received. Please keep in mind this is a physically demanding hunt and is not a hunt for younger hunters or older hunters.

I'm not looking for anythign in return, just good times, with good people. A good scenes of humor is a must.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 12:30 PM

Re: Bear hunting anyone?

I would love to go, but work won't let me.

I just wanted to say tat this is a very nice offer, and I wold like to commend you for it.

Well, sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes, well, he eats you, so the Dude must abide!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
Banned

If there is an interest keep it in mind for next year, as lately there always seem to be room. Shoot me a PM in in Oct. I'm sure we can work something out for with you.

Dhunter , sent you a PM back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 01:11 PM
RB
Sage

Snapper, if you don't get good response here, put it in the bear forum. i put together bear hunt groups there before in short order.

GOOD LUCK!

"Only takes a second to change your season" Dad, 1980
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Banned

I put a post there advising others about this post, as I was not sure if I put this there if it would be deleted or moved. But it seems as if the Bear & Elk hunting Forum gets more attention than here. I値l cut and paste this and add it to the other post and see what happens.

Thanks for the advice,

Snapper
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 12:39 AM
Frequent Contributor

PM returned.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page