Outdoors Club - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By Springer Rage
  • 3 Post By Springer Rage

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Outdoors Club

Hi guys: I am a 45 year-old hunter, fisherman, backpacker, etc. in Southeast PA. I take a few trips each year but usually go alone because my friends prefer not to rough it. I hunt with friends for the standard PA hunting but usually go solo outside of the State. I was thinking it might be cool to form a club of sorts for like-minded people to plan trips and open them to other people with similar interests. Have some kind of local events or meetups just to get an idea about one-another before going into the woods. For example, here are some of the trips I have done over recent years:

Vermont grouse and woodcock
Vermont deer
DIY Colorado archery elk on public land (saw some but didn't get one)
Backpack hunts in western Maryland and the NY Adirondacks for deer
Central PA fly fishing
PA wilderness beaver trapping from a spike camp
Lake Champlain salmon fishing
Northern NY grouse hunting from a wall tent on public land
Dual sport motorcycle riding through the 7 Mountains motorcycle trail

There have been other trips but these are the ones that pop into my head at the moment. I have other ideas in mind too. For example: Minnesota grouse, South Dakota pheasant, Kentucky deer, drop camp for elk in Colorado, Wyoming antelope maybe. Every trip I take I try to spend the bare minimum on. I am not a rich guy going on guided hunts. It is all DIY.

I would imagine there are other folk in the general area that itch for a little more adventure on top of the standard local hunting. If so, let me know. We could form a small group and come up with trip ideas to go on. People who like the trip idea and are available can opt in or pass. If anyone is into this idea, let me know. If enough people are interested we can get together and talk. I can host in Berks County or Delco.
loridr likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Here are some pics from some of the trips I have taken so far. I have tons more but not on imageshack.

I'd like to see if we could get at least 5-10 people interested to start since some will likely lose interest over time. If you are interested, let me know and I'll follow up with some kind of meet up. If there is no interest, I'll scrap the idea. Thanks

Last edited by Springer Rage; 01-31-2019 at 02:20 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page