NC hunt club - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
The Man

NC hunt club

My brother and his FIL plus others are forming a little club in central NC. 525 acres of mixed hardwoods, mature pine, some cropland with peanuts, cotton, and maybe soybean. 8 people max will be the "club" I have been invited to join, which I jumped at the deal, and they are allowing me to get one other person from up here ( preferably SCpa) to join so I can at least part of the time have someone to travel down with. Members have full priveledges to use the ground at anytime during the season. It will be primarily managed for QDM of "4 on a side" but will have a non trophy fee for any buck under the QDM rule. 6 tags with your NC license, but the state only permits up to 3 bucks per license. The tags, until you would kill 3 bucks , are basically either sex with no daily limit up to the amount of tags you hold. Deer season runs from the middle of Oct thru Jan 1 each year. We would be building a stand or two, but for now portable would be the norm, with the best being a ladder stand. Mostly stand hunting, watching fields or trails. Each member fee is $525. I'm heading down this coming week to do some fishing and go check out the property, and pay my dues. Once I'm paid, I could take an interested party down to see the grounds, but joining up should be fairly quick, as they won't hold a spot open too long for someone else up here, before they fill it locally. Property is located along rt 258 just north of Rocky Mount NC. Anyone interested can PM me

I gotta go agitate the techies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 10:21 PM
Frequent Contributor

Re: NC hunt club

pm sent
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 12:34 PM
The Man

Any hogs on the property?

Don't Tread On Me is what it says and I'll take that to my grave.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011, 01:15 AM Thread Starter
The Man

No hogs around there

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-04-2011, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Since no-one locked in on this great deal, they closed the offer for me to recruit another from around here. I went ga-ga when I visited the property last saturday. Deer sign like there used to be around here 10 years ago. Beautiful stand sites with some field coverage and some woods with shooting lanes. Lots of cotton and peanuts in the fields, and the oaks there are loaded with acorns.. Gonna be a great place to belong to. There are a lot of turkeys on the property, and NC only has a spring season. A few coyotes, bobcats, and once in a LONG while maybe a stray pig(although they haven't seen any pigs for two years now) Archery starts in Sept with archery being open on sundays on private ground, and the regular season begins on or near Oct 15 and runs through Jan 1. I'll definitely be posting results in the big game hunting section as the season progresses.

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-04-2011, 01:56 PM

GB, sounds like a great deal! I can't even get the time to hunt the family property in Rutherford County...

In Memory of LCPL Ralph Fabbri 9/29/89-9/28/10
Semper Fi, Brother
Never forget!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 01:05 AM
RB
Sage

Gb, thanks so much for the additional info and PM response, i hope I can get down there for a few days with you this fall/winter. The sooner I get my PA buck the more time I got to take in some southern style hunting. All the years driving thru that area on the way to the beach i always wonder how it hunts. I am more interested in seeing how they do it and what defines "NC deer season" down there more than getting a deer, so I really appreciate your PM and I hope we can get in a little trip. Thanks again for taking the time

"Only takes a second to change your season" Dad, 1980
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-07-2011, 02:24 PM
The Man

WMU 5B 5C 4C 3D 2G
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-07-2011, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
The Man

clermont, I know it's most likely un-intentional, but please do not hi-jack my thread. If you want to ask Pa dingo about his past, do it in a separate message or PM.

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 01:51 AM
The Man

Oops.

WMU 5B 5C 4C 3D 2G

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page