Opening at Club in Pike County - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Opening at Club in Pike County

I'm posting to see if any individuals might have interest in joining a hunting fishing club. I don't expect that someone who replies is obligating themselves to join, nor to I feel that a reply obligates any member of our club to contact you. That disclaimer made, I offer this description.

We are a private hunting club in Pike County and we have a few openings and are beginning a search for new members. We've had a few members leave due to employment changes and others have moved away to other states. It is not as easy as it once was to find prospective members who are interested in the involvement, work and money to maintain a club with our size and offerings.

Our club has a maximum membership of 75, some are general outdoorsmen, others focus on certain species hunting and others focus on fishing. Those interested in pursuing membership have to visit the club, meet with a group of members and then may be contacted with an application. The application would then be circulated to all members in case of someone having reason for refusing membership. We hope the tour, meeting with the panel, and then feedback from our membership ensures that any prospective member is a good fit and understands the rules that manage our club. Members are expected to participate in two work weekends each year (one in June and the other in September) and if a member is unable we would ask a small donation to go towards defraying the costs of projects completed during the work weekend.

The club was started in 1907 and has grown in membership and land over our last 111 years. We have set by laws and rules for our club house, which houses members during their stays and serves as housing for our full time stewards that we employ to help manage our land. This is not a rustic deer camp, but a place my wife enjoys and where I've enjoyed raising my kids. We have approximately 750 acres and we boarder the Delaware Water Gap State forest on one side and some game lands on another side. We have a 36 acre lake, with a dozen club owned 14 boats that members may use to fish. We have a stocked trout stream, a trap range, rifle range, and expect to be putting in several archery targets. Right now we only have one target but that is an improvement we expect to make. Because of this, we have very varied members. Some are avid archers, rifle deer hunters, muzzleloader enthusiasts, bear hunters, turkey hunters, bass or trout fishermen, and some who are just avid shooters who enjoy the club trap shoots, sporting clay shoots or rifle shoots. Some are fierce hunters while others prefer the camaraderie of the club as they've aged. Our club house has 17 bedrooms available to our members and a small dorm as overflow for single males. Additionally there are three full bathrooms and 4 half bathrooms. It also supports a living room, dining room and bar room, as well as our stewards' quarters. We have internet and satellite TV. For many of us, this club is our home away from home. Our stewards also offer meals for sale so that a member need not worry about bringing anything with them. My wife loved this as our weekends at the club meant a real break for her as well. Our club is a year round destination for members who enjoy all seasons in the woods of Pike County. We host youth events like a trout derby, hunters safety course, and a panfish tournament. For adults we have shoots for bragging rights, bass tournaments, and other events.

Guests are allowed when brought by a member, but there are times when they are limited. Guests also are required to pay a fee for their room, hunting or fishing fees and members are responsible for the conduct of any guest they bring and must ensure they follow fishing and game rules. Additionally, guests are not accommodated before members.

Obviously, either I or another member of the club would like to meet with any prospect before showing our club. Age is not a concern for prospective members. Our youngest member at this point is 27 (if my memory is correct) and our oldest is 86 (though he might be 87 by now). To my mind, a prospective member will take an active role in helping at work weekends and offer time working on food plots or habitat improvement when these opportunities arise. Prospects should enjoy the camaraderie of the club and be willing to get along with all members. I also believe anyone who accepts membership needs to fulfill their financial obligation to the club, meaning dues are paid on time.

Costs are as follows: Purchase of a share of membership (which is 1/75 ownership) is $4450 (a one time purchase). Annual Dues are paid quarterly at $425 per quarter (this includes dues and a current assessment the club is using to raise funds for improving our dam). When staying at the club house, a $4.25 laundry fee per person for the stay is applied to cover the costs of sheets and towels that the stewards maintain in the rooms. Meals are served family style by the Stewards and can be purchased at a price of $11 for dinner, $7.50 for lunch, and $5.50 for breakfast.

Feel free to contact me with any questions. If you would like to be considered, please provide an email address so I can send some other descriptive documents and you can provide some information about yourself. Our club would like to know things such as where you live, your occupation, what your outdoor interests/hunting/fishing interest are, and how long you've engaged in outdoor activities.

Thanks for considering,
Daryl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-20-2018, 07:03 PM
New Arrival

Daryl,
I sent you a PM with my contact info. Very interested in learning more about your club.

Thanks
Jon

Last edited by [email protected]; 01-20-2018 at 07:04 PM. Reason: spelling
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-26-2018, 01:20 AM

Pm sent

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page