South Central camp looking for prospects - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By drewmorton
  • 1 Post By drewmorton

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2017, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

South Central camp looking for prospects

I am posting this only to gauge interest and if you reply, understand that this in no way obligates me or any members of our club to contact you, hunt with you, extend you an invite, etc. I will likely take replies for a period of time prior to contacting anyone back.

We are a private hunting camp in Franklin County potentially looking for a few prospective members. As we get older, (I am 48), it becomes more difficult to find people that are interested in the work and money involved in keeping a good hunting camp running well.

Our camp is set up to have 18 to 20 members. We currently have 16. In order to become a member, you would have to rifle hunt with the club for at least 2 years before being considered for membership. This is so the other members can figure out if the prospect is a good fit, and likewise the prospect likes the camp and members. You would also be expected to participate in work parties (we have 2 per year) and other cabin functions. The club was established in the early 60’s, and many of the rules that were written then are still enforced. Obviously when you get 20 people together, there will be many different opinions, but we all get along pretty well. We have all types of hunters. Some hard core that go out all day no matter the weather, and some that go a hundred yards from the cabin and are in by 830 drinking coffee. We do enjoy putting on deer drives occasionally. We have 220 acres, but we are backed up to tens of thousands of acres of State Forest. You could hunt in a different spot every day for the next 50 years. The only limitation is how far you want to walk. Our cabin sleeps 24 in bunks. We have all the amenities of home, running water, electricity, internet, TV. Most of our members live in SE PA; Chester, Bucks, Montgomery. Obviously, I would need to meet anyone before asking them to come to the camp, so we would prefer that any prospects come from that general area. We have a healthy number of members that participate in Archery, Rifle, and Muzzle. Some turkey hunters. Mostly, it’s a deer camp. Hunting other game besides deer is encouraged, but most stick to deer.

As far as what we are looking for in prospective members, it is fairly simple. One, someone who actively participates in the camaraderie of hunting and cabin life with a good group of guys. Two, someone that will pull their own weight when it comes to working around the cabin. This is not only at work parties, but also during the season when dishes need to be washed, or floors swept, or toilets cleaned, etc. Three, someone that has a steady source of income and can pay their dues on time. Four, no drugs or complete drunks. A few drinks at the end of the day is fine, but we are not looking for someone that cannot control themselves. As far as age, we do not care how old you are, as long as you can pull your weight. Our most active members are probably in their late 40’s. Our youngest is late 20’s, our oldest is in his 70’s. That being said, while I believe that age is only a number, if you are not fit enough to walk up a mountain, then this probably isn’t the place for you. Also, I will say again that prospective members will be considered “guests” for at least 2 hunting seasons, maybe more. So, you must be willing to hunt as a guest and adhere to the rules of a guest for a number of years before being considered for membership.

Feel free to PM me with any questions. If you would like to be considered, please send over some information about yourself that would assist in making any decisions, such as age, location, what you do for a living, what you like to hunt, how long you have been hunting, etc.

Cost for guests: Rifle season $25 for Monday and Tuesday, $10 per day for the remainder of the hunting days over all the seasons. Rifle season cost includes Lunch and Dinner. The other seasons are bring your own food.

Drew
bucksnort1 likes this.

Last edited by drewmorton; 12-16-2017 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Did not include cost on first post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-15-2017, 07:13 AM
The Man

Any camp or other type lease come under our "lease openings" rule above. This is a nice offer, but you must read those rules and follow them, or your thread will be pulled. thank you

I gotta go agitate the techies!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-15-2017, 02:06 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

see edit reason below

Last edited by gentleben; 12-15-2017 at 10:03 PM. Reason: disputing/disrespecting/arguing with moderation on an open board 14 day temp ban
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-16-2017, 08:29 AM
The Man

Thanks for correcting the post, Drew. If anyone is close enough to get in on this, it's one of the best hunting camp membership deals I've seen. With their vetting system, it assures good quality membership. Whomever they pick should be very proud to be a member of their camp.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-24-2017, 08:09 AM
Sage

If my health was good I would jump on this in a heartbeat, sounds like a good club, n nodrunks or slackers, my kind of guys to be sociable with......
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-26-2017, 02:52 PM
New Arrival

PM Sent and Thank You for any consideration.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-01-2018, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Thanks to all those that responded. I have enough potential candidates at this time. I will reopen this in the future if necessary. Thanks.

Drew
bucksnort1 likes this.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-11-2018, 07:47 PM
New Arrival

Hi Drew, I would be interested in being cosidered as a prospect for your hunting camp . Briefly I'm 61 yo this year, live in bucks co, near doylestown , and employed a tool and die maker. This is my first pm through hunting pa and not quite sure how I would recieve your reply, if I get one. (lol) so this is my email [email protected] Thanks for listening Bob
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-13-2018, 07:02 AM
The Man

This thread is closed until the OP desires if ,and when, to re-open it

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page