room for two hunters - Page 2 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-16-2011, 02:36 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: room for two hunters

Wow, that's a great offer. I wish I fit your description. If you had room for a drunken brawler I'd be all over it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-16-2011, 06:16 PM
The Man

GB is a class act...I still want that dog!!!

USAF 1984-88

Families that hunt together stay together!
post #13 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-16-2011, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Jeff, she said "not yet". lol
Randy never got an email

I gotta go agitate the techies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
How is this an illegal rack?
Yeah? It's still laying in woods. What's illegal?

My picture is already at the post office.
post #15 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011, 04:45 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Just the way the law is. You can take sheds but not parts unless you have a permit or took it legally and submitted a harvest report, similar to cutting the head off a roadkill. Needs to be a paper trail for the legal possession.

It's the same in most states, i.e. if you find a lion killed elk or deer you can't take the rack.

Stand up and be counted, join an outdoor sports organization
Life NRA,Life PTA,Annual SCI
post #16 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
The Man

right or wrong, I didn't post this thread for people to start arguing. If anyone has anything to say to TPlank, do it in a PM or email, not on my thread.

post #17 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 07:57 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Any takers on this yet ?
post #18 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-05-2011, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
The Man

right now I have enough replies that I feel I'll fill the spots. Hey, 35Whelen, what happened to your reply that was on here earlier?

post #19 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-05-2011, 02:59 AM
Banned

Ben... I meant to send that as a PM... So I deleted it.. Then I got busy at work and never re-wrote it as a PM.. Again GREAT GESTURE on your part... If your ever out in Jersey in May or June PM me and we'll get out striper fishing... Rich
post #20 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
The Man

Well, I had some interest, but it all fizzled out. A couple were into trophy hunting, which there isn't much of here, one doesn't have the time and one was all gung-ho then dropped off the face of the earth. I'm going to lay this out one more time then I'll go elsewhere to find interested hunters.:

Over the years my regular gang has diminished to virtually just me and one or two others. (speaking mainly about deer hunting, but the offer is for all hunting). I have room on my private ground for 7 people, or even 8 if there is a parent /child duo to sit in one stand. I take up a spot, my good friend one spot, and i keep two open for my Brother and nephew, who don't always make it. I like to have a "regular" group. SO, I have at least three openings for people who are looking for a permanent place to hunt. Permanent "members" are welcome here to hunt in all seasons. I have a bunkhouse that can sleep up to 8. Who am I looking for? People who enjoy the comraderie of the hunt and are NOT trophy fanatics. We don't get a lot of big bucks around here, so you must be basically a meat hunter and wish to take does as well as a buck. The way I work is #1 comraderie, #2 getting into the woods and nature, #3 seeing game, #4 getting a shot opportunity, #5 harvesting something. Being part of my group is easy. Just be willing to help out with at least one work detail per season, and be willing to follow any and all of my group rules. If any spots end up being open just prior to any seaason, (again, deer mainly) I may permit you to bring a guest. All I ask is honesty, no drunks, and trustworthiness ( and maybe you bringing some good grub now and then).
I see so many people on here complaining about not owning their own ground and having to hunt overcrowded public lands. Here's a great chance to become part of a small group with some private ground and better safety. I can't think of much more I can offer.
As per references, the guys who hunt the late flint season hunt here can attest to my offerings. You could pm any of these guys an ask them about my operation. Loggy, Greybearjr, Soupe, Dale Shoulder, Acorn20, and Tplank to name a few.
Interested parties can PM me and we can then converse on the phone for full details and even arrange a trip in here to see my place. Thanks to all the guys who have hunted here and will continue to do so in the future.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page