Caribou hunt suggestions - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

Caribou hunt suggestions

Hey fellas. I was hoping maybe someone could give me a recommendation on a good caribou outfitter. We were at Sportsman show and have to say i wasn't real impressed with what we found there. Seems way to commercial.
We are looking for a place that we could drive to and is reasonably priced. Also leaning towards the 2 bull hunts. Would like a place with good success rates and with alittle more of a personal feel.

Give me some websites and testimonials. Pm me if youd like...thanx!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 05:21 PM

Re: Caribou hunt suggestions

pm sent
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 10:01 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Cargiar Outfitters was one of the more reasonably priced outfitters when I was looking. Also they came highly recommended by those that I talked to that had gone with them. My Dad and I went this past fall and I would highly recommend going with Cargair. Norm and his boys busted their butts to put us on Caribou. The Caribou did some really weird movements this past fall, where they started coming right for us then for some weird reason turned around and headed right back to where they came from, so it was tough hunting. I ended up with two bulls, one that was kinda small with a lot of character and one that was pretty big (44" inside). My Dad was holding out for bulls and only ever saw cows. Regardless of how tough it was, it was definitely not for a lack of effort on Cargairs part. Any outfitter that guarantees you caribou during the fall hunts is full of it. Most outfitters struggled this past season due to the strange movements and nothing regarding a migratory animal can be guaranteed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-14-2011, 04:34 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

If you want to hunt Quebec, Safari Nordick is just the best. I've been on two hunts with them and I and both hunting partners each got two trophy bulls. We could have shot 200. Ever one in our camps did the same.

http://www.safarinordik-us-agent.com/
site is a good movie of what you get.

I book thru Ken Gingrich our of New Holland Pa. He will answer all your questions and is a very ecperienced guide and hunter.

Great food, hunt and No surprises.
I book hotel in Montreal and air flights thru Ken. great service.

One of my buddies booked the year before my hunt with Hume...never saw a shooter bull.

have a great time
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 07:42 PM
RIZ
Diehard Outdoorsman

this guide has an exellent rep

http://www.jackhumeadventures.com/c-...-packages.aspx

RIZ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page