Price for a lease - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Price for a lease

I have the opportunity to pick up a lease of just over 400 acres they are asking $8000 per year that seems to be a bit high to me. What is your thought.

SEMPER-FI
You might find me dead in a ditch one day but it will be on a pile of brass
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-14-2014, 08:11 PM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Price for a lease

That's about $10.00 an acre higher than most leases especially here in Pa. It had better be one heck of a honey hole for that kind of money. JMO
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-14-2014, 08:40 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

To keep things in perspective you could purchase a few cows for less. As a matter of fact the farmer would probably let you shoot them in his field for that kind of money. All this lease crap has gotten out of control and
is going to be the ruination of hunting for the average hunter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-15-2014, 07:50 AM
Frequent Contributor

Leasing has become for myself and many others the only way to definitely provide a future of hunting for years to come and keep it affordable for the average man. Being able to control the harvest along with maintaining a health deer herd creating habitat to hold deer and give my members and their families the opportunity to harvest quality animals. We feed a minimum of 2500# of record rack elk and deer feed a year along with food plots. The land owners are the ones taking advantage of the leasing program by charging exorbitant prices for marginal properties. Its just like anything else out there where there's a demand someone will try to get more than the product is worth. JMO
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 06:57 PM

Squid,
I am very familiar with the property you are looking at. If I'm correct it is all mountain ground. To give you perspective, my 200 acres in that same area is 3K per year. You are also going to be dealing with trespassers as we have because it is surrounded by public ground. Manage it right and you can produce nice bucks as we have, but that price does seem high.

GBJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in