Looking for club or lease near Sandy Lake,Pa - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-25-2014, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Looking for club or lease near Sandy Lake,Pa

I am looking for a club to join or anyone with land to lease near Sandy Lake,Pa. My family and I moved here last fall and we have tried our luck on the State Game land 130 but have had some issues during our outings. It was myself and my fiance this season who have hunted and we have had issues with being walked up on numerous times,been shot at during archery season when junior rifle was in about 5 amish adult males and 4 kids ages from 6 to 10. 2 of the adults walked past us and seen us getting into the blind about 30 min later a tree 30 yards away was hit by a bullet. We have had numerous quads go through as we are hunting. We have found a bait site with a camp site on a small island from the amish. Not to mention you can not rifle hunt this game land due to the large number of Amish,opening day we counted 19 buggies in one parking location. All issues have been reported to the PGC but it has changed nothing. This year I will have my 14 year old daughter, my 11 year old son both this coming season will be their first this will be my fiances second year. We are a family who is archery,turkey,small game,fox,coyote,bear hunters. Willing to help with work on lands and farms as well to gain access for hunting. Willing to donate a deer as well to a farmer willing to allow access for myself and family.I have emailed and called numerous timer and land companies with no luck.If anyone knows of any clubs looking for new members or land for lease close to Sandy Lake please let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-28-2014, 03:51 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Looking for club or lease near Sandy Lake,Pa

I hunt that same gamelands.

Gamelands or most open to public areas around there you could have someone walk up on you. If there is a lot of pressure, it doesn't really make a difference and may actually result in you seeing more deer. But to each their own.

Never had one problem with the amish or any one else there. I don't understand how there being a large number of amish there makes a difference, but there are also a large number of English there as well.

The amish drive the swamps and get deer out of there that no one else, as far as I've seen is willing to go.

But anyways, there is a group that leases across 965. On the National Fuel property which used to be really good hunting that was open to the public.

You shouldn't have much difficulty finding permission around there to hunt on posted land just by knocking on doors. You might even offer to lease if they say no to your request.

That's a good area to be in. A lot of big bucks around.

The deer didn't disappear.... the 250,000 guys who used to walk around and make the deer move did.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014, 11:00 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Looking for club or lease near Sandy Lake,Pa

I have hunted on that gamelands also. I don't hunt there the first day. I have been there in the middle of the week and have never seen another hunter or a deer. I was hoping the Amish would come through and get something moving. Gamelands 139 isn't far from where you are. It is a much bigger one you could try there.
If you want to pm me I'll tell you some places that are public land and not far from you that you could check out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page