Bird Hunting - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Bird Hunting

Hey guys I'm in the 2c area. I just got a new bird dog last year and this year a friend of mine and myself are raising a bunch of birds (quail, pheasant and chukar). Was wondering if anyone on here has any land they would be willing to let me release birds on and hunt, Im looking for something a little more private so I know not every Tom, Dick and Harry can go hunt all my birds. Of course the land owner is more than welcome to join us or hunt himself. Total birds were looking at is around 500 combined species. PM me or shoot me an email to [email protected]

If you are not on a government watchlist by now you should be ashamed of yourself
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 07:28 PM
Sage

Re: Bird Hunting

You do know you can only shoot quail and pheasant in season and then only in compliance with the seasons and bag limits in the area you are hunting. 2 per day rosters only in a rosters only area etc.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Yes I'm aware of that John, there are ways around that depending on how much land you have though. Not really lookin to do all that though, just lookin for someone who is intersted in hunting some birds with me. I have the dog and the birds just need someone with some land

If you are not on a government watchlist by now you should be ashamed of yourself
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 08:07 PM
Sage

No there are no ways around that! If you are talking about a regulated hunting ground, it also has seasons, which is closed right now, and requires an annual permit and a mandate to release no less than 100 of each species listed on the permit. If you stick with chukars you can shoot them 365 days a year. You will have to keep the quail and pheasants until the season opens and if you live in an area where quail has no season, you can't release and shoot them at all.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Thanks for confirming what I already know. I was asking anyone for land not if what I am doing is legal. Now back to.the subject at hand, anyone have any land they wanna bird hunt on?

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 06:26 AM
Frequent Contributor

I was interested when I saw bird Hunting for a topic but not if it's illegal. Only 100% legal and ethical hunting on my land.

Winchester M70 XTR Featherweight .30-06
Marlin 336CS .30-30
Beretta A300 Outlander 12 ga.
Mossberg International Silver Reserve II 12 ga.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page