Encore Keeps Zero after barrel removal - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 02:37 AM Thread Starter
The Man

Encore Keeps Zero after barrel removal

I just wanted to say how nice it was to dismantle the Encore barrel from the stock..Do what I wanted to the barrel and install again and the zero was still on when I shot again at the range. Makes me like Encore even more!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 09:54 AM

Re: Encore Keeps Zero after barrel removal

Thats some good info. I've been looking at buying an FX model muzzy for Ohio. I was hesitant to start swapping barrels with my 30-06, because I was nevous about it being off when I put it back on. Thanks
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 08:13 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Have six encore barrels and every one of the is dead on when switched and one is a Bergerra so they do stay dead on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 10:42 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I own 3 Bergarra barrels and they are just as, if not more accurate, than the other three TC Prohunter barrels. As long as you do the work and mount your optics correctly with good strong tackle, you should have no poi changes when you remove and remount a barrel to your Encores.

Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhouette Decoys Pro-Staff.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 03:03 AM Thread Starter
The Man

I have a few dedicated barrels to for my Encore namely my 22250 and 17 Fireball... of course I'm always hunting some kind of predator... However at least I know if I desired to change out to the 3006 or 308 etc...Something how you can get hooked and enjoy the Encore systems...Recently I have seen that Grice is selling barrels for $215.00.. Now that ain't half bad!!!!$215.00 to have a brand new gun..I just wish Grice was were I live..
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 03:25 AM

I have shot my pistol barrels with pistol grip and swapped into rifle configuration with muzzy and other barrels all in the same day and no problems with zero.

Don't let our differences defeat us.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 03:45 AM Thread Starter
The Man

Last year Purchased a used Stainless 12 gauge 24 inch 12 gauge slug barrel..looking forward to use it this year when hunting deer in the thick stuff..I got to get out and zero it in with the best rifle slug/sabot...I have been buying sabots and rifled slugs all year on sale and clearance!... One box here another there. Doesn't impact you $$$$$$ if you spreaad the purchase out little over a long period to accumulate the ammo. I have it on a Prohunter action! Scope is one of the Cabelas slug scopes that you can kill things out to 200 + yards with it. Of course not worrying about distance where I'm going to use it. at most it could be 50 yards..Nice that you can pick up cheap used barrels for your Encore system. Just keep your eyes open for them in gun shops and such..
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 12:14 AM
Regular Visitor

Nice to hear this is working out for you guys. On my Encore the muzzle loader barrel keeps its zero and the 7mm-08 is an adventure every time I put it on. I'm wondering if its the barrel or the scope. I'm shooting a Leupold Rifleman scope with Leupold mounts. Everything is tight and horizonal zero seems to be fine. The verticle goes all over the map at 100 yards. Sometimes its high other times it can 6 inches low. Never know what its going to do. I'm ready to to send the scope back, but I don't know if its the problem. I have been told the 7mm family of bullets have issues in Encores and you need to handload to find the right combination that works. I'm shooting Remington Core lok factory loads. Any suggestions?
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaBritCrazy
Nice to hear this is working out for you guys. On my Encore the muzzle loader barrel keeps its zero and the 7mm-08 is an adventure every time I put it on. I'm wondering if its the barrel or the scope. I'm shooting a Leupold Rifleman scope with Leupold mounts. Everything is tight and horizonal zero seems to be fine. The verticle goes all over the map at 100 yards. Sometimes its high other times it can 6 inches low. Never know what its going to do. I'm ready to to send the scope back, but I don't know if its the problem. I have been told the 7mm family of bullets have issues in Encores and you need to handload to find the right combination that works. I'm shooting Remington Core lok factory loads. Any suggestions?
Pillar bed/washer bed the forend and make sure you do not have contact of the forend 'ears' with the frame. I had the same vertical problems with swapping barrels pre hardwood/bedded forend. After the new forend there is no notcieable difference in zero after swapping barrels.

I also checked and reset my head space at the same time.

You can have it when you rip it from my cold, dead hands.........
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 06:48 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon8777
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaBritCrazy
Pillar bed/washer bed the forend and make sure you do not have contact of the forend 'ears' with the frame. I had the same vertical problems with swapping barrels pre hardwood/bedded forend. After the new forend there is no notcieable difference in zero after swapping barrels.

I also checked and reset my head space at the same time.
This, and if possible, try to tighten the forend screws down to as close to the exact same tightness every time.

Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhouette Decoys Pro-Staff.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page