E A Brown Encore 6.5 Bench Rest Magnum. Vs swede - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 03:46 AM Thread Starter
The Man

E A Brown Encore 6.5 Bench Rest Magnum. Vs swede

I would like to buy an E A Brown 6.5 BRM or 6.5 Swede Encore rifle barrel!!

Anyone that own the 2 which would be better? Would one be easier to reload or work better in the Encore barrel? I do reload so that's not a problem. Always wanted the Swede but if someone knows the 6.5 BRM is better I would like their input. I just don't know about the 6.5 cases.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 12:53 PM

Re: E A Brown Encore 6.5 Bench Rest Magnum. Vs swede

As huge 6.5 fan I have owned 3 modern 6.5 swedes. Pretty hard to be that round. Tons of great brass to be had. Lots of different flavors of factory ammo... Go with the swede and don't look back!

"If ignorance is a disease then Ted Nugent is the cure!!!"
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 06:22 PM

I have a .260 Rem barrel on my Encore which is virtually the twin to the Swede so I would consider that as an option as well. Brass is available as .260 or can be formed from .308. This is a great round for deer hunting. Mild recoil and better punch than a .243. Because of it's ballistic coeffient and accuracy, a lot of benchrest shooters use the .260 in competition.

The older I get, the stronger gravity becomes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 10:09 PM
Frequent Contributor

I bought a MGM barrel in 6.5swede last year. 25"bbl. It took some work with different bullets and powders but found a load that will shoot inch groups at 100yds, maybe SUB. Shooting a 140gr hornandy interlock. I took it to Kansas last fall and killed a 10pt at 180yds. I shot it quartering TO me and the bullet SMACKED him so hard that all I saw was his head bouncing off the grouind as I recovered from the recoil! (MILD recoild at that) Its a great mid-range whitetail round, not super fast, not super flat.........but ALL its energy goes INTO the animal. LOVE the round and the MGM barrel
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
The Man

I do have a E. A. Brown barrel for my Encore in 17 Fireball.. Took near 8 months to get it too but oh how it shoots!!!
what I like about the 6.5's Encore custom barrels.. E. A. Brown does carry them on the shelf: That would be in the 6.5 BRM, 6.5 Swede, and the 260 Rem too... Now the 6.5 BRM can also be had on the shelf in Stainless too...

Thank you for all that have responded to date... I appreciate it!!!

I do like that I can get my hands on Brass easy for the 6.5 Swede...Don't know however if it's military brass that you would need different primers?????Thats not a big deal to since I really don't have to get military brass... Now you take that 6.5 BRM...That is truly a wildcat round and E. A. Brown owns it. I would always have to make sure that I had extra brass on hand if I went with the 6.5 BRM. Just in case they stopped making it or something like that...I do know that all their 6.5 barrels all have the same rate of twist....
Also you can get an on the shelf custom 6.5 BRM barrel if you own a Contender action too!!!!

By the way they sell Savage barrels too!!!!

www.eabco.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page