Rossi .223 Heavy Barrel. - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Rossi .223 Heavy Barrel.

Hey guys just wanted to make a quick post to give this off brand gun A LOT of credit!! I have the Rossi .223 Heavy Barrel Sporter. From factory it looks pretty rough the stock isn't great and trigger pull stinks but I fixed all that. I added a Mill spec 6 position collapsable stock from ATI and the tactical fore end so now the barrel is free floating and the six position allows me and my wife to shoot it easily. To fix the trigger I bought a trigger assist at Cabelas. It screws onto the trigger guard and uses mechanical advantage to reduce pull by up to 50%. Now I have it down to two pounds and not such a long pull either. I also put a rock mount bi pod on the front to hold things nice and steady. I installed a 3-9X40 on it with quad locks and it will shoot .75 maybe a hair bigger at 100yds with Hornady Superformance Varmint max 55 gr. Altogether I have gotten 37 ground hogs 2 at 250 yds, if I remember right about 5 at 220 yds and handfuls at the 160 to 200 range( all laser range found) I'm ecspecialy proud of a 204 yard shot I made on one just the size of a few month old kitten. Just the second day of deer season this year I got a nice doe with it. She was about 50 yards broad side. I shot right behind the right shoulder, the bullet passed through and took out the heart and lungs easily. She ran about 40 yards. I used barnes triple shock 55 gr (Federal load P223S) This is an awesome little gun. mine shoots where I tell it all the time every time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 12:41 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Re: Rossi .223 Heavy Barrel.

Great Post. I just started looking for a .223 and a friend said check out the H&R and Rossi. Any pictures

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page