Trigger job - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

Trigger job

Anyone ever try the to do their own trigger job on the TC encore?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 02:21 PM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Trigger job

Yep, but the last time I posted the link where you can get the proper info. I was told I was full of. Send me a pm I'll give you the link.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 06:14 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Eabco.com does them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-24-2011, 11:10 PM
Regular Visitor

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011, 12:23 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Look.....you can send you $$$$ and your Encore to Bellm. I did and I got back a hammer with a freaking spring so heavy it took my thumb knuckle to jam into it in order to pull it back.

And...when I shot Hevi-shot out of my 12ga. shotgun barrel, EVERY primer blew a hole!! EVERY ONE!!!

When I sent Bellm an email he told me to buy another firing pin and file it down and insert it when I wanted to use my shotgun barrel.

I sent my Encore ProHunter frame back to Thompson Center with instructions to remove all of Bellm's "Junk" and put it back to factory....and call me with whatever the charge would be.

Thompson center not only replaced it back to factory....but they put a sweet trigger job on it for FREE!! YEAH..no charge for anything!!

I now have a 3.5lb trigger pull with a hammer that pulls back easy....and my Hevi Shot no longer blows primers.

I wouldn't send a little red wagon to Bellm to have him tighten a screw.

SW
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011, 12:47 AM
Regular Visitor

You don't have to send it to Mike, you can follow his instructions and do it yourself which is what the OP asked. Your continued blasting of bellm with out offering any real advise hurts your credibility.

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011, 06:40 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiosam

You don't have to send it to Mike, you can follow his instructions and do it yourself which is what the OP asked. Your continued blasting of bellm with out offering any real advise hurts your credibility.
If you can't understand what I'm saying then let me put it this way: Send your action back to Thompson Center. Call Thompson Center first and tell them you are unhappy with the trigger creep and the poundage of pull that your Encore and\or ProHunter has. Ask Thompson Center what they would charge to perform a trigger job on your Encore.

Is that advice direct enough for you?

Besides....I'm not "blasting Mike", I'm simply telling any reader what happen to me and my experience with my ProHunter frame. What I expected to get back was a quality trigger job. What I got back was a horrible unworkable ProHunter frame that blew holes in shotgun shells an had a hammer that was practically impossible to pull back.

Mike's "crew" refused to send back the factory hammer spring because they had cut such a severe angle in the sear, that installing a weaker hammer spring would cause an accidental fall of the hammer...and thus, an accidental discharge if the weapon were loaded.

And that is unacceptable under any circumstance.

SW
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011, 10:58 PM
Regular Visitor

Apparently you didn't understand the question. It was not about sending his Encore any place. He wanted to know how to do it himself. I post a link that has instructions. You posted a rant.

BTW if you would go to Bellm's site it says:

"Don't want to attempt trigger work yourself? Contact Jim Hendershot, SHOTS Gunsmithing, for excellent work, quick turn around, and a good price for the work."

So I don't think Bellm is even accepting trigger work so you can relax knowing he won't screw up anymore guns.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011, 11:00 PM
Regular Visitor

BTW my Encore trigger was done by J.D. Jones.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011, 11:14 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Anybody else "feelin the love" right now?

Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhouette Decoys Pro-Staff.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page