Bergara Barrels - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 12:05 AM Thread Starter
The Man

Bergara Barrels

Many hunters use the Begara barrels on their Encore for hunting...I know the Bergara Barrels are used by CVA on the Wolf 209 magnum inline and I do like that cheap gun for hunting.. I have yet to buy any Bergara Barrels for my Encore systems..I just always figure to add the extra money on and buy T/C barrels..
I would think if they had a unique barrel one that T/C did not have on the shelf I might buy one.. I did see the 222 Rem in Bergara Barrels already..Also 35 Whelen but now T/C sells the 35 Whelen too...Now the 35 Whelen barrel if you used it in real thick stuff and you would get shots real close.. the Bergara Barrel might be OK to use..Maybe put a red dot shotgun type scope on it.. Bergara Barrels $200.00 T/C barrels $248.00...when T/C was giving the rebates for barrels, $50.00 why would you buy a Bergara Barrel????However T/C is not giving rebates on barrels...Also remember seeing a Bergara Barrels in 45 Cal inline..Now if you wanted a 45 Cal black powder gun the Bergara Barrels might be feasible..

You people who use Bergara Barrels do you like them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 04:07 AM

Re: Bergara Barrels

i have them on most of my CVA muzzle loaders and a CVA Centerfire in 30-06. Very accurate.

The TC Encore shooters especially like the Bergara barrels as they WILL shoot full bore conicals. TC doesn't even recommend them due to their laziness at not wanting to correct a QLA problem they've had for years.

Bergara guarantees better accuracy or your money back. All TC guarantees you is a " send it in and we'll shoot it at 50 yards and tell you that 1 1/2" groups are standard" LOL
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 10:43 AM
Frequent Contributor

Find out here

http://www.bellmtcs.com/store/index.php?cid=469
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 03:06 PM

good link crappie hunter. I forgot about that place.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by crappie-hunter
Thank you for sharing that link... I saved it for one of my favorites...
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 08:43 PM
Frequent Contributor

Hope it helps , Bellm is the go to guy with encore and contender issues. Subscribe to his newsletter always a good read and informative.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-20-2011, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontier gander
i have them on most of my CVA muzzle loaders and a CVA Centerfire in 30-06. Very accurate.

The TC Encore shooters especially like the Bergara barrels as they WILL shoot full bore conicals. TC doesn't even recommend them due to their laziness at not wanting to correct a QLA problem they've had for years.

Bergara guarantees better accuracy or your money back. All TC guarantees you is a " send it in and we'll shoot it at 50 yards and tell you that 1 1/2" groups are standard" LOL
QLA is junk and T/C have lost their way. It`s a real shame.

Life Memeber NRA
Life Memeber NAHC
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 04:22 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

CVA and Bergara are both owned by the same people; that is why CVA uses them.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 12:51 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Bellm is not the "answer man" for T\C's. In fact, he can and does create problems for Thompson Center rifles and handguns.

I can tell you from personal experience that when I purchased my ProHunter, I sent it to him for a trigger job. When I got it back I found that he put a 55lb hammer spring in it. He had to put in such a strong spring because his sear cut angle was so steep that any lighter spring would cause the hammer to drop without pulling the trigger.

However, when shooting 12ga shotgun, the firing pin would strike the shells so hard that it would pierce them.

Also, the swing hammer could not be used because the hammer was so brutal to pull back. If I set the hammer to the side, it was almost impossible to pull back the hammer.

Bellm's solution was to "sell" me a 45lb hammer spring that he was gonna have in stock in "2 weeks." A month later I sent the frame back to T\C and ask them to remove Bellm's junk and fix it.

T\C did a super fine trigger job and charged me nothing!!!

I'd never buy or send Bellm anything again. He's a wanna be gun maker but no more than a shoe maker.

SW
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 08:27 AM
Frequent Contributor

I sent two different Encore frames to Bellm to have trigger jobs done. Both frames came back very timely, and with absolutely perfect triggers. Absolutely zero creep, and very light pull. I have another one I want to send him right now. He did a great job on my stuff, and at a reasonable price. And definitely in a very timely fashion.

My experience with TC doing the trigger work is not good at all. I like the customer service at TC. And have always been treated great. But there trigger jobs have alot to be desired in my opinion. However Tim(if he's still there) is a fantastic guy at TC customer service. Tom.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page