Encore Barrels that you can reload up or down - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 02:49 AM Thread Starter
The Man

Encore Barrels that you can reload up or down

I truly like to use the 35 Rem Model 336 when I hunt deer... I was thinking how nice a 35 Whelen Encore barrel would be since I could reload it down to 35 Rem or keep it at the 35 Whelen strength.. So many of the Encore cal you can do this too.. Wow even the 300 Winchester...I remember when my son was 12 years old and he started hunting.. I reloaded my 700 BDL 3006 LH down to 30/30 strength.. What an outstanding accomplishment when he bagged an 8 point with a reduced load. Neat thing he reloaded the 3006 down to the 30/30 configuration load.. What my point is if you reload never be afraid to go to higher magnum calibers since you can reload them down. of course you can do this for predators too with the 222,223, and 22250 so you don't destroy the pelt...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-27-2015, 08:32 PM
Part of the Community

Re: Encore Barrels that you can reload up or down

I completely agree. It's a shame that Encores didn't catch on like they should have. They are truly a versatile gun. I don't think I have ever run across anyone in the woods carrying one other the me or my brother. In fact I got checked by a game warden 5 years ago or so and he said he had never seen on in the woods.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-28-2015, 06:29 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Yes very versitle but too expensive for the average Joe. You can buy a low end rifle for the cost of a barrel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-30-2015, 01:21 AM Thread Starter
The Man

You ever notice... you go to gun shows and they don't have any Encore barrels or Encore guns to sell.. However there are plenty of those Rossi, NEF, H & R single shots.. Come the holidays and you can't even buy an encore action and some of the on the shelf barrels are all sold out too... So for $248-$269. You can get an Encore 24 inch factory barrel in one of the applicable TC calibers.. $248 for a quality gun when you attach it to your actions ain't half bad... Once you get that first TC Encore... All you need are barrels...Maybe a forearm here and there too..
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-30-2015, 01:53 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I just got my frame and debating on what barrel to get. It's very fun to do the research....I dont think my wife understands yet what she did buying the frame
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-04-2016, 04:12 AM Thread Starter
The Man

My favorite is the 24 inch 22250. It shoot Partition deer bullets real well too.. You should be able to get that barrel for $248.00. I like my 3006 too...When the time comes you can tell her.. Hey for $248 I got another rifle..instead of $800.00 for an entire rifle...
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-04-2016, 01:48 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I have an Encore but for the price of a barrel you can buy a somewhat decent rifle. On of my favorites was a Savage model 200. Was a great rifle at great prices when they were out. Bought at least 4 of them. 2 .223 and 2 22-250. Playing around with an Axis right now in 30-06 that was really cheap and shoots great.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 03:20 AM Thread Starter
The Man

What ever makes you happy.. Some people refer to Encore Barrels a Mater Stakes. Me I have 15 barrels now...I shoot LH so they are great for me.. If my son wants to shoot on he's fine since he doesn't have to use one of my LH guns..Safe too at night time when you take a new hunter predator hunting.. Less bullets to remove after hunt stand is over. Less prone to have them have a gun go off while they clear ammo out the action.. All kinds of pro and con on guns..
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 06:07 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

If you go to encore or T/C classifieds you can get barrels cheaper and actions. Nice site wit h friendly people.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-07-2016, 04:13 PM

Where can you buy just the frame?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page