Enclosed UTV - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Sage

Enclosed UTV

A guy up the road has a UTV enclosed with heater/AC, Snowblade,small dump body....Does anyone on here have anything similar, tell me about it, cost,ability to push snow, etc..I don't want to ask him he might stray a little with the facts , if you get my drift....Don't even know what it is, not a JD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 08:52 PM
Part of the Community

Re: Enclosed UTV

I have a 2010 Polaris Ranger 800 XP with a full cab. I only use it in the summer so I don't have a heater, but I could easily install one if I wanted to. I also don't plow snow with it in the summer either, but there is no doubt that it would do a fine job doing that if I wanted or needed to, as many people do plow snow with them.

To get an idea of costs, you can go to the Polaris website, and "build" one with the various options that Polaris has available, and that will also give you a pretty good idea of what a new one would cost -- they aren't cheap by any means. You could buy a used pickup truck with a plow for what a new one of these UTVs cost. There are other UTV manufacturers, including Honda and Kubota, to name just two, and I believe their costs are similar to Polaris.

Some of the features I have on my cab (it is all fiberglass) are locking doors, roll down side windows, tilt open front window and sliding rear window, all in glass. I don't have windshield wipers, but I'm seriously thinking of getting a new Polaris this summer, and would get the full cab with wipers on it if I do. I'd think a heater in the winter, with a cab on it would also help keep the windshield clear, but I don't know if they have a defroster like a car or pickup truck does. Oh, and you can also buy cabs or enclosures, made from steel, poly, or fabric, and you can get them with poly windows or glass.

My 2010 Polaris is pretty well equipped and cost somewhere in the $18,000 range. The 2014 Polaris 900 XP that I have spec'ed out would be in the $23,000 range. A few guys have them super equipped and spend $30,000.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2014, 03:00 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I have a ranger crew with a cab and heater. The heater works surprisingly well. You can take your jacket off and still be comfortable in single digit weather.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-27-2014, 02:54 AM

There are many options for many machines . You need to pick a machine , then search enclosures & plow acces. Cloth or vinyl cabs are the least expensive . Plows & adapters and winches to operate them will be about $1000.00 . Best to get a heavy duty battery so the constant winch use won't drain it . I decided to just keep my snowblower . Much cheaper for all I have to clear . JMHO
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-30-2014, 01:13 AM Thread Starter
Sage

I understand this one was about 24 grand.....too much for me to bite off.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonM
I understand this one was about 24 grand.....too much for me to bite off.
WOW ! Must of been one of the Industrial models . Kabota or Bobcat . Of course , the way you described it , he has alot of add-ons . They can add up the cost REALLY fast . If your still looking , put the word out to your local dealers as to what you want . Then , only buy a used work machine ONLY IF the dealer has faithfully servised the machine . They will then be able to give you an honest opinion of it's condition verses asking price . Good luck .
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 12:15 AM Thread Starter
Sage

24 Grand is what he told the neighbors, as I said earlier he has been known to embellish a story and distort facts, in other words you cant believe anything he tells you...
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 01:29 AM
Frequent Contributor

get a japanese mini truck 4wd air conditioning heater

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page