negotiating when buying a UTV - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 03:01 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

negotiating when buying a UTV

I am a first time buyer and I'm in the early stages of shopping for a new UTV. When buying one, can you negotiate the price like when you buy a car or is it expected to just pay the sticker price?

As a side note, I'm looking at the Bennche UTV. Seems like a good UTV for a decent price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 01:20 AM

Re: negotiating when buying a UTV

My only suggestion would be buy a name brand. Yes you can negotiate price.

2D hunter.
Sponsored by myself - PROSTAFF.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 02:06 AM

I would talk to at least 3 local dealers , then take your findings to the dealer that will be servicing your machine .My local dealer treats me like family on price and service ......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 02:21 AM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotjjc3
As a side note, I'm looking at the Bennche UTV. Seems like a good UTV for a decent price.
I never heard of one and I would only buy one of the popular makes. Think about service and parts availabilty before you think about price.

In January you can get some good deals on left overs. Dealers want to move the older models to make room for the newer models.

There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 03:38 PM
Part of the Community

I believe that Polaris requires their dealers to pretty much stick to the msrp on new units, but from the dealers I have talked to there is some wiggle room on attachments. Left over models apparently get discounted though.
Anyone have a different experience in this regard? I'm going to buy a new fully loaded 900 XP this spring - listing at around $23,000 (and selling my 2010 800 XP).
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 04:56 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Send a message via AIM to jlh42581

I used to sell motorcycles part time. The only wiggle room they have is in what they make. They dont make money on the vehicle, they make it on the prep and service.

You can get them to sometimes knock the prep off which is about $500.

What I say might not be the popular trend but at least Im not afraid to speak my mind!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-12-2013, 02:06 PM
dce
Sage

Yeah,I've never really been able to negotiate.Track and trail in State college usually sells for less than anyone else in this area.I still deal locally most of the time.I was gonna buy a Honda from a local guy one time.Track and trail was about $400 less for the same machine.I went and talked to the guy and tried to get him to just throw a gun rack in and he woudn't.I've bought three Machines from Clarion cycle over the past two years and they've treated me well.I paid what they were asking but I did get a couple of helmets.I just liked the way they treated me so I'm probably going to get another one here shortly and I won't shop around.Service means a lot more to me than price.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 12:19 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

When i bought my 09 ranger hd I emailed 8 different dealers saying what I wanted and that I was buying it by the end of the month.I told them to give me your best out the door price.I received repouses from 6 of them . There was 672.00 dollars between the high and low price.The low dealer didnt charge for shipping or setup.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-18-2013, 04:20 AM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT_flyfisher
I believe that Polaris requires their dealers to pretty much stick to the msrp on new units, but from the dealers I have talked to there is some wiggle room on attachments. Left over models apparently get discounted though.
Before I bought mine I went to a few dealers. They discounted leftover models. I remember some of savings were in the area of $1500 to $2000.

There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-21-2013, 10:06 PM
Sage

I bought dealer demo Ranger with25 hours Took off 1000 in 2005..Still have it

wmu 3A

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in