Yamaha Rhino 700 Question - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Yamaha Rhino 700 Question

I am interested in a 2008 Rhino 700, it has the 686 cc / 41.9 engine. My concern is that the vehicle has over 4,000 miles on it and the price is very close to the high end of the NADA & KBB book values I've researched.

Other than the mileage, the vehicle appears in very good shape for its age, with no visible damage or repairs, frame welds all look in good shape, it looks square and level.

Just very concerned about the 4,000 miles on that engine, and don't want to buy it only to have to sink another couple of thousand into a new engine and / or repairs.

For you guys out there who may have experience with the Rhino, what is your opinion on the mileage for this engine?

Give back to Nature what you take from her and you will be rewarded in more ways than you know of.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-12-2017, 12:36 AM
Part of the Community

The rhino is a grizzly 700 but seats two, for the most part is bulletproof. I have an 2007 and it has always been flawless, power steering was the best thing about the new body style along with fuel injection. I'm pushing 1600 miles since new, but fairly hard use.
Belt should have been replaced at 2000 if not before. It really comes down to how they maintained it.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 04:58 PM
Frequent Contributor

mileage is up there for utv/atv standards, maintenance is key if they cannot produce records I would be leery......in my opinion if you are not getting it in the $3k I would pass, you can buy new polaris sxs for $8k. Say what you want about reliability but I have nothing but good things to say and they have the market dominated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Thanks Grizzly and Deerchaser,
The price is very close to $6,000. The 4000 miles and the high price have me walking past this offer, even if the maintenance records were up to par.
Thank you for your advice

Give back to Nature what you take from her and you will be rewarded in more ways than you know of.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2017, 03:00 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat_Lander View Post
Thanks Grizzly and Deerchaser,
The price is very close to $6,000. The 4000 miles and the high price have me walking past this offer, even if the maintenance records were up to par.
Thank you for your advice
I don't blame you. I have a 2016 570 Ranger midsize which is very comparable (even better because it has turf mode plus a bench seat imo). The cab doesn't get as hot and it is a lot quieter than the Rhino. Don't get me wrong the Rhino was a good sxs but those are so out dated.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 04:24 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Well I can tell you my 700 Rhino is closing in on 7000 miles. Only problem I had so far was the stator burnt on the top. Had it replaced for around 600.00. The mechanic as Yamaha shop asked me how I drove the machine. I told him I drove like an old lady. He said the stator is only partially in the oil. The oil needed to be splashed onto the stator to keep it from burning out.

Great machine no doubt.

Don't Gobble at me...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page