Plow for Honda 600 Rincon - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-25-2016, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Nes

Plow for Honda 600 Rincon

I am looking for a plow for my Honda 600 Rincon and would like to save some money but do not want to skimp on quality. Any leads on a well built plow at a good price would be appreciated. Are the any issues such as mounting I should be aware of?
Thank you in advance.
Dave

Think before you share your thoughts!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 09:02 AM

Send a message via AIM to 59Willys
Cycle Country,Moose,good snow plows for your atv. Koplin bought out cycle country. For your honda I suggest a mid-mount set up over front mount. Stronger set up. You'll get what they call push tubes that slides underneath and mounts to a steel plate attach to your skid plate. 50 to 60"snow blade,But if you find a 48 that will work.Be sure your blade is wider then the front tires. Need a winch! unless the plow has a lift handle. I still would get a winch .Harbor Freight 50 bucks. Check Craigs List, Ebay" free shipping " no taxes to pay outside of Pa. Hope this helps.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 11:49 AM
dce
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nes View Post
I am looking for a plow for my Honda 600 Rincon and would like to save some money but do not want to skimp on quality. Any leads on a well built plow at a good price would be appreciated. Are the any issues such as mounting I should be aware of?
Thank you in advance.
Dave

I just replaced a cycle country with a new one from Brockway Honda.The name escapes me but it's much more heavy duty and higher quality than the cycle country.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 05:21 AM Thread Starter
Nes

Thanks guys. I will check these out. Brockway Honda is close by. I will check them out. I keep forgetting about them.

Think before you share your thoughts!!!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 10:59 AM
dce
Sage

They have new owners and much better service now.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 11:25 AM
Frequent Contributor

OK Honda doesn't make a 600 anything, so, are you sure this is what your atv is?
they made a 650 and a 680 in the rincon?
I would recommend a 60 inch blade, as you need to remember that when you angle the blade all the way, it will only cover about 54 inches of a clear path as you plow, a smaller blade on a full sized atv can lead to snow either NOT being cleared of the tire path when at full angle, or snow rolling back into the path being cleared, causing less traction for your atv

90% of folks that add a plow to a Rincon I know, , end up adding HD spring for the front end to help hold the weight of the plow better, as the Rincon series ATV was more of a trail atv than a work ATV, so they have slightly softer springs to give a better ride(Foremans and Rubicon's were the more work line up of atv's for honda, and still are, and none of them were ever a 600 too)

front mount plows are faster on /off, more user friendly, but place more weight on the front end than a mid mount and can lead to added wear and tear on your front end parts, they cost more too

Mid mounts are the strongest set up made, lower price and more work to take off and on, but not bad once you get used to them, you will loose ground clearance with a mid mount in OFF season, or when plowing, if you leave the mount on bottom of your atv
Not a big deal to most, but to some it matters

I have a moose mid mount for 17 yrs now, been bullet proof and I abuse the crap out of it, plowing snow, dirt gravel and logs and you name it, all yr round

I prefer a winch to lift the blade over a hand lift, too!
hand lifts work well, but grow old fast IMO !

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page