After market replacement parts - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-24-2016, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

After market replacement parts

I have been going to the Polaris Dealer for all replacement parts for my 2008 Ranger. I have been checking and the after market prices are much better. Is it safe to buy after market replacement parts? Are there any warnings regarding certain supplieres of after market parts?

Thanks,

Kinzua Man
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-25-2016, 02:03 PM

Quality of aftermarket ATV parts is all over the place. Almost everything is coming from China. Gaskets, seals, carb kits, plastics are usually a safe bet. A new OEM carb for my Suzuki is $540 . An aftermarket carb on Amazon can be had for $50. Trouble is, it doesn't fit onto air intake, throttle cable has to be altered, and then, after you get it rigged together, it runs poorly. Starter motors..240 OEM, 32 from China. The aftermarket starter body was a hair bigger, but got it in. It didn't sound right to me, so I took it off and replaced the brushes in the factory starter. It's helpful to read buyer reviews on the purchase sites. Some reviews scream junk. It is tempting to go the Chinese route...but buyer beware.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 01:07 PM

I believe is it safer using OEM replacement parts and cheaper in the long run.
Parts you can get on Amazon and EBay are often much lower quality and seldom install as easy as the dealer provided parts.

If it is a part mostly for looks, like trim it might be fine but I never had a good result buying a part that takes extended stress using a off brand aftermarket.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page