recognizing a friend in a bad situation - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 02:28 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

recognizing a friend in a bad situation

Alright heres something I thought of and this may sound stupid, but lets say you decide to bug in or out. If your in the woods or at home wouldn't it be nice to have some way to tell who's kinda on the up and up. May sound silly but if me and mine our moving through the woods lets say or were at our chosen place and we run into a man and his people both sides may be a little edgy given the lack of food, water, whatever. So it might give a little peice of mind if you could tell he was a like minded individual. What I'm trying to say is in war they have challenges like if I run into someone and I say thunder he better say lightning or I start shooting. Likewise it would be nice to have a way to identify such non family and friends that may be friendlies. Like if I'm dug in and one of you guys shows up hiking through with your family I may not want you to move in with me but we could be civil and share a smoke, a meal, and trade info. So how would we go about knowing that the other person is friendly. Or do you guys think you should just dig in and forget everyone else? Just wondering. I've run into a lot of good people on here and between us all we have alot of resources something bad happens it seems we could have our own hpa underground railroad going if you know what I mean. JMO.

Molon Labe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 03:18 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: recognizing a friend in a bad situation

Just yell "HPA!" and they will say "DOT COM!"

just sayin.

Feral Cats are God's version of Ballistic Gelatin. - anonymous from another forum
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 04:07 AM

Posts like this makes me shake my head.
If we get to the point where we are hiding our families in caves or fox holes we have a lot more to worry about then the word of the day or knowing the secret handshake.
If it ever comes down to that civilization as we know it is over.

My ability to remember lyrics from songs of the 60's far exceed my ability to remember why I walked into the kitchen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 06:17 AM
Frequent Contributor

"If we get to the point where we are hiding our families in caves or fox holes we have a lot more to worry about then the word of the day or knowing the secret handshake.
If it ever comes down to that civilization as we know it is over."

Or just begining over?

How did the settlers of our great nation handel this same situation all those many years ago?
I dont remember reading anything in the history books stating that civilization in north america ended in the 16 century?

I do remember reading that our founding fathers had alliances with some of the native population tho, through barter, trade, and by helping to kill their newly found friends enemies. If I remember right, these kind of alliances is what helped start our civilization.

Great Question Buckhunter.

The replys on this subject should be very ineresting.

roland45

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun."
Wayne LaPierre 12/21/12
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roland45
Or just begining over?

How did the settlers of our great nation handel this same situation all those many years ago?
I dont remember reading anything in the history books stating that civilization in north america ended in the 16 century?

I do remember reading that our founding fathers had alliances with some of the native population tho, through barter, trade, and by helping to kill their newly found friends enemies. If I remember right, these kind of alliances is what helped start our civilization.

Great Question Buckhunter.

The replys on this subject should be very ineresting.

roland45
What you are saying is true but it was a lot different today then things were in the 16th century.
Back then nobody owned the land, except for the Indians, that the settlers were moving onto. Today you have property owners that would be defending what they own. Secondly, the military was not as big, technically advanced or so rapidly deployed. One AH-1 SeaCobra/SuperCobra could settle disgruntled pods of militia with the flick of a thumb, and move hundreds of miles away to deal with the next band. Counting on the military not to follow orders to shoot resistantís is a foolish assumption. Remember a little thing called the Civil War, where brothers fought against brothers?
I can honestly say I have never had a conversation with anyone about how I would live if citizens tried to overthrow the government over taxes or trying to void our second amendment rights unless large amounts of alcohol were involved.

My ability to remember lyrics from songs of the 60's far exceed my ability to remember why I walked into the kitchen
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birch812
I can honestly say I have never had a conversation with anyone about how I would live if citizens tried to overthrow the government over taxes or trying to void our second amendment rights unless large amounts of alcohol were involved.
How many times have I told you not to bring that up! I still get strange looks for the regulars at Murphy's....

In Memory of LCPL Ralph Fabbri 9/29/89-9/28/10
Semper Fi, Brother
Never forget!
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 01:11 PM

Go talk to the guys at the Tap House, they will take you out to see the RPG's and the Vladimirov KPV-14.5 heavy machine guns they brought at the gun show at Split Rock

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 09:17 PM
Banned

All you can do really is to feel people out and trust your gut instinct. There will be no way to know who you can trust and who you can't in that scenario. If you seriously want ideas to survive this kind of scenario get the movie Defiance. Defiance
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 09:29 PM

This thread has me shaking my head too
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 10:26 PM

just being a Christian solves all those problems

REBEL SAID THAT...

I HAVE HUNTED AND FISHED MOST OF MY LIFE..
I WASTED THE REST OF THE TIME...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page