Outriggers for a canoe W/PICS - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-13-2012, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Outriggers for a canoe W/PICS

any of you ever make a set of outriggers for a canoe? I just made a set and I am just waiting for the paint to dry before I mount them to the scanoe. I used a set of Scotty rod holders and came out of them with 1-1/4" PVC schedule 40 pipe then into a tee and reduced both sides of the tee down to 1/2" schedule 40 pipe and added 2 crab floats to each side of the tee followed by some sch.40 caps on both sides of the canoe. As soon as I get a chance I will post some pictures. They fold up out of the way when your under paddle power or in my case a new minn kota trolling motor.

A friend and myself got to try these out at Keystone power dam this past weekend and let me tell you if you ever wondered if they work? THEY DO! What a difference! The canoe is really stable on it's own because it is the older Coleman Scanoe flat bottom. The rigs are pinned into place through the rod holders and are currently painted all flat black. VERY sturdy for what they are!

Experience the Xtreme!

"your a daisy if ya do"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-13-2012, 10:57 AM
The Man

Re: Outriggers for a canoe?

Yes. I made a set yea s ago. Used them a few times but now don't bother. I used structural alum. Wasn't very hard. Made them for the kids when they were smaller and cause I could!

Your spot I NEVER go back
My spot I expect the same

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page