anyone deal with ROBBINS MARINE? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
MrC
Hooked on HuntingPa

anyone deal with ROBBINS MARINE?

Just wondered if anyone has dealt with them recently. Saw a nice Lund Rebel at their display at the Sports Show at the farm show building. Haven't gotten any replies to my emails.

Happiness is a fine Mauser build.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 09:41 PM

Re: anyone deal with ROBBINS MARINE?

Haven't in a while but ask if harry wert is there good man to deal with. We used to fish against each other in turneys.

As Charles Barkley says, "I may be wrong, but I doubt it".
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 05:32 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

The mechanics are good guys. The lady who runs the office is nice. Last year they had one counter guy who was dumber than a can of paint. I don't know if he is still with them, but he had a really poor attitude, and cost them some business. I have never had any issues with the sales staff, but I have never bought a boat there, just service.

"Be nice, until its time to not be nice" (Patrick Swayze...Roadhouse)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 09:05 AM
The Man

Harry works at the little sportsmans shop in Northumberland now. I've gotten some things from Robbins over the years. Only thing I don't care for is that they only care about the sale, and not making you happy. They will sell yu something even if they know it's not what you really want.

Venison - The other fast food
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 09:03 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I take my stuff to them. Like posted above, some attitudes there stink but I completely trust the mechs.

Catch Photo Release
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 10:55 PM

Regardless of where you purchase you can't go wrong with a Lund. There were no local dealers when I purchased my boat. I ended up with a 1600 Crestliner Fish Hawk. I did ALOT of research and browsing before I purchased my boat, but if I had a second choice I'd go with a Lund. I looked at Tracker, Alumnicraft,Lowe and G4's.

Never Misses
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 12:04 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I don't know if they sell Lund, but you might try Halls Marine in Muncy. They just built a new facility last year, and I took some of my business there and was very impressed. The guy who owns the place is like an encyclopedia with boats, he knows what he's talking about.

"Be nice, until its time to not be nice" (Patrick Swayze...Roadhouse)
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
MrC
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplethreat
I take my stuff to them. Like posted above, some attitudes there stink but I completely trust the mechs.
I got a little attitude there from a guy too. After none of my 3 emails got a response including one to the manager of sales, I asked if their emails were getting through and he said, I don't check with the sales guys to see if they read their emails. Seemed a bit cocky. So, I'm not the only one who thought so. Nelson in sales was a god guy after I finally got to talk to him. Thanks.

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
MrC
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by beagler
Regardless of where you purchase you can't go wrong with a Lund. There were no local dealers when I purchased my boat. I ended up with a 1600 Crestliner Fish Hawk. I did ALOT of research and browsing before I purchased my boat, but if I had a second choice I'd go with a Lund. I looked at Tracker, Alumnicraft,Lowe and G4's.
We're on the same page. I was hot on a Crestliner Fishhawk, a fine boat. But, the CL sales guy at the sports show in HBG was an idiot. He tried to tell me that the 50 horsepower Mercs (FH had a 50 on it)are made in Fondulac Michigan not China as they have been for like 4 years. He said those Yamaha motors are made in China or Japan as if one quality is equal to the other. He should be selling Hyundai's somewhere. I do like Mercs but I'm still only luke warm on the 40 to 60 horsepower China Mercs. But, that's a whole other subject in itself. The Lunds come with a 50 Merc and I'm not sold on 'em yet. Thanks.

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
MrC
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Logger
I don't know if they sell Lund, but you might try Halls Marine in Muncy. They just built a new facility last year, and I took some of my business there and was very impressed. The guy who owns the place is like an encyclopedia with boats, he knows what he's talking about.
I did just take another look at their site. That 1650 Fishhawk with a Merc 60 in red is tempting. I'm not sure that Merc 60 would push it very well. Plus, it has a cheapo MotorGuide troller on it and painted trailer. I prefer galvanized/aluminized. It's probably my second choice. Thanks for mentioning them. I could ask for the owner then.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page