Lyman Lake Canoe mooring big fine - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Unread 12-16-2019, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

Lyman Lake Canoe mooring big fine

So in the past I have moored my canoe at other lakes. This is the first year I did so at Lyman Lake. I wasn't told the cost until all paper work was completed and they gave me the total of $107 or something like that. I was shocked but rolled with it. I entered the date to have it removed by in my phone calendar so I would not forget. Dec 1. I would get it while at buck camp. Well at buck camp it was gone. I figured it was stolen and got busy with work and it slipped my mind. I mentioned to my wife this past weekend that I needed to report it and look into it. She said while I was at camp I got a letter from Lyman Lake. I found it and opened it. It stated I had to have it out by 11/08. They have removed and stored it. To date my fines are $340. Add my original cost of $107 and I am $447 into a $150 canoe?? And it is costing me $7.50 a day for every day I do not come get it. I called and nobody answered. I haven't received a return call yet. I have spent hours scouring the web for these fines and cost and cannot locate them anywhere. There website does not have a removal date that I can see. I want to do the right thing but feel like telling them to keep it is the most economical thing at this point. Any one ever hear of such a thing? I am willing to own my part but this seams excessive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Unread 12-16-2019, 10:16 AM
The Man

I'd contact the forest district office asap.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Unread 12-16-2019, 10:20 AM
The Man

Susquehannock District Office
P.O. Box 673
Coudersport, PA 16915
814-274-3600
Office hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 A.M.- 4:00 P.M.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Unread 12-16-2019, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, I will try that
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Unread 12-16-2019, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

Called that number. They stated they have nothing to do with that. They gave me another number to call. I called that and got a congratulations press 1 to see what you have won. uughh. Getting annoying fast. lol
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Unread 12-16-2019, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chester farmer View Post
Called that number. They stated they have nothing to do with that. They gave me another number to call. I called that and got a congratulations press 1 to see what you have won. uughh. Getting annoying fast. lol
Chester,You should have pressed 1 , maybe you would have won a canoe..lol...all kidding aside though, that sucks for sure....

If you don`t stand behind our Troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them....
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Unread 12-16-2019, 12:35 PM
The Man

Talked to my buddy who was a higher up in DCNR. He said that more than likely a vendor would have been used to remove abandoned equipment. He suggested calling the State Park and they hopefully can give you a contact to whatever vendor was used. He's also going to email me in a little while a few numbers you might try. I'll let you know.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Unread 12-16-2019, 01:50 PM
The Man

Chester,

Try calling the park at this number. If you get no help, let me know. My buddy said I should call him again if that doesn't work.

814-535-5010
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Unread 12-19-2019, 02:04 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

It does give a couple of "boat mooring seasons" on the DNRC website https://www.dcnr.pa.gov/Recreation/W...s/default.aspx It does not say anything on there about storage fees or when you have to remove your boat. However it does say contact the park you are interested in for more info.

“Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?” Douglas Adams
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Unread 12-19-2019, 02:21 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

hope it works out for you and you get your canoe back

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in