New boat registration ( How long do you wait on PFBC ? ) - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By 4x4dad

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

New boat registration ( How long do you wait on PFBC ? )

I bought a used boat the second week of July . My trailer title came in about 2 weeks . I was told by the notary , that if the registration doesn't show up in 3 weeks to call the PFBC . So I did . Their answer ? ReFax all your information to us again and we'll see if we can locate it . REALLY ? ? ? I politely told her THAT is NOT going to happen . I have ALL of my paperwork that states I did my part and SENT PAYMENT . Now , please just do your part , Thank You .

Anyone have this problem ?

Thanks .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 05:33 PM
Sage

Never did, I registered 3 boats in PA and renewed for many years. However, it may not be the fault of the fish and boat commission, it may have been lost in the mail and not their fault or it may have been screwed up by one of their employees,so for the sake of your blood pressure I suggest you do what they say and fax it in, you will know if they got the fax and take it from there

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 05:42 PM

Should have used a pink envelope.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 05:43 PM
The Man

...FAX...companies still fax?

..on a more serious note...I renewed my registration this spring(online)...and it took almost 2 weeks longer than "normal" to get ...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 05:54 PM
Banned

Good Help Is Rare

Seems good help is sorely rare. I bought a new truck in June and a month later got an envelope from PennDot. All the original documents that the dealer sent to PennDot was fwd to me, they said the dealer didn't fill out papers correctly. They asked me questions that only dealer would know, so I called and explained I had no idea what they were looking. Gal in Harrisburg told me to take documents to dealer (70 miles away), I asked why they (PDot) didn't send forms back to dealer....her reply "not our job" Sent papers to dealer (after calling them) and all problems solved.

Last edited by Realtrehntr; 08-23-2018 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Language
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Well maybe I'm being hard headed , but I figure I already did my part and have the paperwork to prove it . If the PFBC agency is inefficient at their job , that's their problem . I don't mind being checked time to time . It keeps me honest and on my toes . But , it is pleasurable to see the disappointment on their faces when they realize my nonconformancey is their fault not mine .
Asajoe1 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page