Coleman 14ft scanoe - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Coleman 14ft scanoe

Are these any good? I want to buy a canoe and they are on sale right now at dicks. I like the 14ft model and the keel on the bottom. They look roomy and stable. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 01:01 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Coleman 14ft scanoe

I had one. No surprise these are made out of the same plastic as the Coleman ice chest. it is flexible and you need to add all that aluminum tubing inside to give it strength. I took me a few hours to assemble. the double struts from the thwart to the floor were a slight pain as they got in the way of my feet. There is and aluminum pipe that runs the length down the keel inside, that held lots of seeds and vegetation.
It has a square stern and could take a SMALL motor, I only used an electric trolling motor. It might steer a little quirky with any heavy gas motor.

The hull is somewhat noise, almost as loud as an aluminum, but some indoor outdoor carpeting helped that.

They are minor concerns, but thought you should know. Over all it is a decent small boat to fish or hunt out of. I etched the aluminum tubing first and painted it green to match the rest of the boat and used it for hunting and fishing.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 01:23 PM

Re: Coleman 14ft scanoe

Check your PM,s
Tks

LJS 1/25/48-11/3/13

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page