NuCanoe - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

NuCanoe

i have thinking about getting one of these for a while for fishing and duck hunting, i was wondering if anyone has every had one and what they thought of it. http://www.nucanoe.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 11:53 PM

Re: NuCanoe

They sure do look more stable than my canoe. Any idea what the prices run?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
New Arrival

i have seen them for around $850 for the 12', which isn't cheap, but they look pretty versatile. thats why i was looking for some feedback before purchasing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 01:21 AM
The Man

Bow, there is a Raddison for sale on the HPA general classifieds for a pretty good price $350 (?). These are light, stable, and pretty easy to paddle. They'll handle a motor as well.

“did you get all that on camera sport?”
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 02:43 AM
Part of the Community

I own a native ultimate 12 and I think you will like the nucanoe. It is nice to be in a stable platform for both fishing and and hunting. With the open hull you'll be able to maneuver to use and access your gear. Being able to stand is a relief at times and a stealthy way to fish or look for cripples. It does not look like a very quick hull and might be difficult to paddle upstream for downed/wounded birds.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 06:11 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

That's my Radisson, Thanks eddie spaghetti.

Don't know much about the NuCanoe (looks like a wide SOT kayak) but the Radisson is perfect for fishing and hunting and @ 35 lbs its really light too.

yakattack is right, pretty much any canoe/kayak that is good for fishing/hunting (wide, flat bottom) is gonna be harder to paddle.

"Now that you brought that up hang onto your paddle, and if ya hit any rocks don't hit em with ya head" Lewis
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 11:45 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker
That's my Radisson, Thanks eddie spaghetti.

Don't know much about the NuCanoe (looks like a wide SOT kayak) but the Radisson is perfect for fishing and hunting and @ 35 lbs its really light too.

yakattack is right, pretty much any canoe/kayak that is good for fishing/hunting (wide, flat bottom) is gonna be harder to paddle.
No problem Tracker! If I didn't have a Sportspal already, I'd be all over your deal. I think the NuCanoe is a pretty cool looking ride, and it looks quite versatile. To me, the weight of the canoe is a big deal - the 12' NuCanoe is 77lbs. I think you could get the same versatility with the Radisson at half the weight. Just my opinion.

“did you get all that on camera sport?”
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 12:47 AM
Super Moderator

there are several companies with a similar type of yak, i would look at the nataive 12 someone mentioned earlier, looks to be a better set up

2D

ONE NATION UNDER GOD...

Pray for our troops, and for our country

God Bless America
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 02:18 PM

To me they look like just the type of craft that would be ideal for my type of hunting. Don't hunt any rivers just lake edges and swamps. What intrigued me was the width of the canoe. The canoe I have now is fine but don't try to swing to fast and your pretty much limited to where you can shoot, no shooting to the right side (right handed), so you have to position the canoe so that all shots are to your left but with the wider more stabil platform those ducks that come swooshing by on the right would be in trouble. Plus it's a pain in the butt to try and answer nature calls.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 08:08 PM
Part of the Community

Nucanoes run $699 for a 10' and 799 for a 12' this is from a local dealer, I am also thinking about getting one.

SEMPER-FI
You might find me dead in a ditch one day but it will be on a pile of brass

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page