1 man Pontoon - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to Racin41
1 man Pontoon

i see alot of ppl with kayak's and this and that .. BUT i have really bad back issues and had a helluva time getting in or should say on my sons yak . so i got a Colarado xt 1 man pontoon and honestly love it . i can mount a 30lb trolling motor on it also .
Anyone else got a pontoon and how do you like it

WHO ME ????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 10:16 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

My 76 y.o. neighbor has a one man pontoon not sure of the brand and has a 2.5hp 4-stroke mounted on it.

He fishes in the bay with it, and seems to enjoy the boat (although Ive never seen him come home with any fish). Hes often in the back yard tinkering with it, modifying it, or patching a pontoon and pumping it back up.

One time this Spring, he ran out of gas in the bay and had a long row coming up the creek to get back to the dock.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 09:38 AM
Sage

Enjoy & good luck with it!

wmu 3A
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 11:52 AM

A friend of mine has one of these and has had a lot of luck and fun using it. He paid less than 600 bucks minus the trolling motor which he brought afterwards.
He uses his in saltwater in the back bays but has transported it to the Delaware Bay and fished for stripers and weakfish in the spring and fall.
His is several seasons old and he did need to do some toutch-up on painted areas but no issues with the pontoons themselves.
Thing I thought nice about it was the safety orange would be highly viable from the air if he got caught up in the tide and the USCG had to locate him.

found this on You Tube, there are plenty of information on them there and they have a fairly high rating for the price.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNrOB6xCn2E#t=25.190723

There is another company called Sea Eagle that has been around for awhile seling blow ups too.

Good Luck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page