Networking two lowrance sonars - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-12-2014, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Networking two lowrance sonars

Can anyone here help me with networking my lowrance elite7 hdi unit with another lowrance unit of some kind?

What I would like to do is basically have a remote monitor of the sonar page of the elite7, don't care about any of the other pages.

I have my elite7 mounted permanently on the bow of the boat,but would like to be able to see what is going on while at the control console while underway, and also for another fisherman at the stern to also see what is on the elite 7 sonar page screen while we are trolling.

Has anyone here ever done something like this?

I already have a bottomline tournament 320 mounted on the console,but the transducer interferes with the elite7 so the bottonline unit will have to go.

If this can be accomplished what other lowrance unit would be compatible,looking to buy a used lesser expensive unit, head only.

I have read a lot of other forum discussion on the networking topic but none seem to address what I would like to do.

Have a e-mail in to lowrance customer service but so far no reply.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-12-2014, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Networking two lowrance sonars

I'm a bird guy, but I don't think you can network that unit.... Just share external gps data, and waypoint sharing via nmea2000, that came right from their site. If I'm wrong, I apologize... Good luck with their customer service, lol

Just put it on a ram mount and turn it back and forth to whoever wants to see it!

Pa Hunting-It's a natural high!
2D 2F
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-13-2014, 12:51 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Yep ,I believe you are right HDI has no ethernet port, HDS GEN 2 does ,so no networking of sonar for my unit as far as I can tell.

I am going to try and change the setting on the transducer,and the ping speed and see if I can get rid of the interference from the bottomline unit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-13-2014, 01:46 AM
Super Moderator

I don't know much about bottom line, but if both units are using the same frequency, ie. 83/200, 50/200, 455/800, then that is most likely causing the interference.... Try different frequencies with each unit and see if that helps.

Pa Hunting-It's a natural high!
2D 2F
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-13-2014, 09:53 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

I believe the bottomline is fixed at 50/200, but the elite7 has the capability of changing the frequency setting.

The elite7 is new to me so I am just learning all the capabilities of the unit. Lowrance is not very helpful other than what you can read on their web site, maybe should have bought a bird?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page