New boat - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-22-2014, 11:29 PM Thread Starter

New boat

Well after a substantial pay raise this year at my job, ive decided to pull the trigger on a new jet boat. I was going to wait until next year before making that move but figured the time was right. Ive found what i want already and its priced at several thousand dollars below retail because it was a left over model. The boat is being held for me but its not a done deal until i sign the papers next week. Because of that i'm not letting the cat out of the bag just yet on the where and what i am getting. All i will say is that im getting what i want out of my trade, its coming as a complete package, and it should be a done deal by sometime next week. I'll post some pics and let you guys know what i ended up with. Anyone else out there getting the fever? I know i am. This winter has been terrible. How about we post up some pic's of the rig's you guys are running? Here is what i am trading in. Ive owned this boat 5 years now. 16' Lowe 1600V with 70hp johnson VRO. Its a great boat but it doesnt run shallow enough for the places i like to fish with it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-23-2014, 01:18 AM

Re: New boat

Looking forward to see what you're getting! Here's my g3.. 1756 cc dlx, 90/65 yamaha, minn kota maxxum pro 80..

post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-23-2014, 11:33 AM
Regular Visitor

heres a pic of mine 22ft sea ark predator

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 02:27 PM

Those things are sweet! I've only ever seen one being trailed but I'm a fan of em for sure.. What size motor does it have? Sportjet?
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 03:43 PM

I'm itching to get out. I've got the boat down at the boat shop getting some winter maintenance done as well as keeping it in storage until the weather breaks.

This is what I'm running.
Lund 1600 Pro Sport w/90HP Honda
Bow Mount trolling motor w/remote
Downriggers installed on back
Lots of other extras, radio, two fish finders etc.

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 08:48 PM
The Man

24 foot weeres. 70 hp tohatsu. lots of room and great for fishing on the Mon river.

Greene County Tom

As far as I'm concerned,hunting is nothing without a dog to share it with.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 01:22 AM
Regular Visitor

it has the 200 hp sportjet
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwrsusq
Those things are sweet! I've only ever seen one being trailed but I'm a fan of em for sure.. What size motor does it have? Sportjet?
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 01:43 AM Thread Starter

Ok guys here we go. I picked her up today from lakeside marine in harrisburg. The salesman JC is a real easy guy to do business with and i highly recommend him. Ive been looking at these boats for like 3 years now and wondering how much they cost. I own an island in the susquehanna and some river front property so i just wanted a standard jet boat, with no carpet. Something i can get in and out of along the river bank and just take it home and rinse it out and be done with it. After getting a raise at work i called JC to price a 2014 G3 1656 CCJ 60/40. Theyre the same boats the fish and boat commission use around my parts. He told me they started at over 17,000 but that he had a couple left over models from 2013 and a 2012 that was just delivered to him straight from the factory and he was selling them at discount. The 2013's were the delux models and the 2012 was not. I ended up buying the left over brand new 2012 G3 1656 CCJ with 60/40 yamaha jet, 70 lb thrust minnkota maxxum, garmin echo 200 fish finder, 3 seats, batteries, fire extinguisher, spare tire, ect, for $14,500. Im very happy with this purchase. I had been looking at these boats for 3 years now online and was pleasantly surprised that it was much bigger, sturdier, and nicer than i expected in person. Pictures of this boat just dont do it any justice. G3 and yamaha clearly make high quality products. On top of that he threw in a bunch of spare parts, lubrication, a detailed desciption of the boat and how to maintain it, and a couple camo G3 hats for me and my buddy that drove down with me. I cant wait to get it out this spring. This ice and cold weather cant go away fast enough.

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 04:08 AM Thread Starter

Sweet boats guys, keep them coming!
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 10:47 AM

Awesome! JC is top notch for sure

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page